• Mr Wayne 'Hooligan' Henderson

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • Mr Michel 'Former Dutch Marine (chef)' Kuipers

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
henderson is an international goal keeper and the more we play him the more money we will get for him when/if he leaves.

i crap myself when ever i see kuipers go to kick a ball and its costing me alot of money and poo.

king Wombat said:
henderson is an international goal keeper and the more we play him the more money we will get for him when/if he leaves.

i crap myself when ever i see kuipers go to kick a ball and its costing me alot of money and poo.

I think we have two very decent goalkeepers so it's excellent that we are spoiled for choice.
Mr Henderson did kick several into touch, in almost exactly the same place in front of C/D-blocks, in succession when we played Northampton. That was getting a bit tiresome.
I don't believe we should even be thinking about how much we get for players by playing them more! I know we have sold some of our better players in the past, but our games are not just showcases for scouts.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
byf said:
COME ON LADS!

Cant believe its close...FDM is loyal..a fantastic shot stopper..a gr8 guy and a former dutch marine...he loves the club and the fans and since he's been at the club Ive seen some amazing stops from

Henderson is irish......disloyal and a thug who invades the playing area.

YOUR CHOICE?

Now I know your having a wind up. Cant believe I fell for this one!! :lolol: :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
FDM, although I agree that it's better for all concerned to have two good keepers fighting for the shirt.

It motivates them more because they know that they're fighting for one place, and whoever gets the nod for a game know that one slip could cost them big time.

Given a straight choice though, I'd go for the FDM.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Alex Frutos said:
FDM, although I agree that it's better for all concerned to have two good keepers fighting for the shirt.

It motivates them more because they know that they're fighting for one place, and whoever gets the nod for a game know that one slip could cost them big time.

Hmmm, can see what your saying but can the competition be so great that whoever has the No 1 shirt is under too much pressure knowing that 1 mistake will mean losing your place in the team.

I think its safe to say that Brighton fans are divided straight down the line on this one. I myself will go for Henderson everytime as I shit myself whenever Kuipers goes near the ball, I have absolutely no faith in him and I think it gives teams a massive boost when they see him and not Henderson in goal for us.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Both good - Kuipers nicks it for me as Henderson is not the best communication with crosses etc

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
chez said:
I have absolutely no faith in him

Conversely though, it always seems (to me at least), like the the defence has far more confidence and faith in FDM than they do in Hendo.

FDM is certainly a more dominating presence in the box, and I personally think that's a benefit given the young defence that we usually play.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The best shot stopper I've seen at this club in my 43 years of watching. Kuipers!!!!!!!!!!!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
NMH said:
I think we have two very decent goalkeepers so it's excellent that we are spoiled for choice.
Mr Henderson did kick several into touch, in almost exactly the same place in front of C/D-blocks, in succession when we played Northampton. That was getting a bit tiresome.
I don't believe we should even be thinking about how much we get for players by playing them more! I know we have sold some of our better players in the past, but our games are not just showcases for scouts.

I disagree, we have two good goalkeepers, one of whom is saleable and one who is not.

How many other positions can we claim genuine class in? so if we flogged henderson in a year and managed to keep hold of another promising player as a result then thats got to be a good thing as we still have 1 good keeper.

and one more thing, I think Henderson is a slightly better keeper than kuipers anyway but Kuipers has proved he is a good keeper (apart from his crap inducing kicking..)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ian Bairds Fist said:
Maybe being a little cynical but who thinks Hendo went over-mental and then thrown out on Sat to get into the 'Book of Albion Legends'??

:glare:

Me! :wave:

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
The Chef.

Alex Frutos said:

Really, one slip?
Better not let THEM know that, they still think it's about who is better looking ;)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
NMH said:
Really, one slip?
Better not let THEM know that, they still think it's about who is better looking ;)

If that's the criterion, then I'll change my vote from FDM to Hendo ;)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Henderson for me, just.

That takes nothing away from FDM who for his part in 2 Championships and 1 further promotion is simply a Legend. Smashing bloke too,

But Henderson IS the better keeper. Just!

We are lucky to have both - will we keep Kuipers when his contract runs out? Guess it depends of whether we get a decent offer for Henderson - can't see an International keeper hanging about in League 1 for too long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here