Votes: 73 60.3%
  • Mr Michel 'Former Dutch Marine (chef)' Kuipers

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
B.M.F said:
If Kuipers is such a fantastic keeper then how come he was number 2 to Blayney, Henderson and Roberts under Wilkins, McGhee, Taylor and Adams?

He was number 1 under Adams, a bit of competition from Cartwright, but he came out on top.

He was number 1 under Taylor, only time he was not picked was when he got injured and we brought Royce in on loan from Charlton.

He was number 1 under Coppell in Division 1 until he got injured and Roberts was brought in on loan, then Beasant was signed.

The following season he did start on the bench and then on loan to Hull, but Roberts then got injured and even when Roberts came back under Coppell, it was Kuipers that was picked. McGhee dropped him after the FA Cup defeat at Lincoln.

Also he was never number 2 to Blayney, he was injured, then loaned out to get match fitness as we knew Blayney was going back to Southampton.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The Complete Badger said:
I think people CAN. I don't think you would find anybody on either side of this argument who seriously believes the other one is CRAP. It's just a preference between two average/good/class keepers whatever way you look at them both.
I concur with the Wholesome Badger's comment completely.

D

Deleted member 2719

Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
I reckon we should play Kuipers. If we sell Henderson in January we might be able to get a little bit more if he's not cup tied.

Good point.

Although i would prefer to keep them both.

D

Deleted member 2719

Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
Me too, but we're not really in much of a position to turn down half decent offers for any of our players.

What sort of cash do you think we could get for him as goalkeeper transfer fee's are my weak spot?

???

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Kuipers - Purely because of his passion, anyone at the Bradford game will agree. He made several GREAT saves at point blank, and at the final whistle, he went proper psycho! I thought he would do some damage to his head. MICHEL KUIPERS THE FORMER DUTCH MARINE:clap2: :clap2:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The choice between the two is not easy, as the evenly split opinion on NSC proves.

We have to accept that they can both make mistakes and cost us goals/matches. If they didn't, they would be playing for better teams than us!

On balance I would pick FDM. His distribution is on the whole not quite as good as Hendo's but, for me, there is very little in it. FDM has been much better recently and Hendo is not blameless on that score either.

Henderson does make good saves but sometimes I feel his supporters call these 'great' saves when they are saves that he really should be making anyway.

What clinches it for me is that Michel is far better at making the 'great' saves that one would not expect him to make - those that, if he let them in, one would not consider to be his fault. These are the match-winning or match-saving moments that put him just above Hendo in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 2719

Knotty said:
The choice between the two is not easy, as the evenly split opinion on NSC proves.

We have to accept that they can both make mistakes and cost us goals/matches. If they didn't, they would be playing for better teams than us!

On balance I would pick FDM. His distribution is on the whole not quite as good as Hendo's but, for me, there is very little in it. FDM has been much better recently and Hendo is not blameless on that score either.

Henderson does make good saves but sometimes I feel his supporters call these 'great' saves when they are saves that he really should be making anyway.

What clinches it for me is that Michel is far better at making the 'great' saves that one would not expect him to make - those that, if he let them in, one would not consider to be his fault. These are the match-winning or match-saving moments that put him just above Hendo in my opinion.

With accurate and well put post like that i think we could do with a few more of your posts please.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yoda said:
As much a fan of Kuipers I am, Hendo for me. He's regained his form and confidence over the last month or so.

Still worryingly poor at commanding his defence though. It's a tough one but Kuipers just for me (that's Kuipers just, not just for me, that would be a bit gay and very greedy).

btw Yoda, where's that new avatar I snorted out for you?

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
keep the shirt policy - kuipers stays in, although it is only a matter of time before wayne comes back

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
blimey - opinion has swung a bit! a month ago henderson would of been MILES behind

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The poll just shows how little there is between them - and how lucky we are that, when one is injured, we can call on the other without reducing the quality of the team.

There can't be many clubs in our division that can say that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here