Votes: 73 60.3%
  • Mr Michel 'Former Dutch Marine (chef)' Kuipers

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
chez said:
Kuipers is a good point blank save maker, which is just as well coz with his kicking he's always gonna be under pressure. And if you dont think Henderson is gonna go down in history for Saturday then you are sorely mistaken.

Lastly, sorry to be so harsh but even if Kuipers has been loyal it doesnt mean that it should guarentee him a place in the team. If there is a better player in the said position, and there clearly is, then that player should play, no question.

His kicking has actually approved..I didnt see anything bad on saturday to worry me.

As for henderson going down in history..I didnt even see it,only just read about it now....But its hardly storer at the goldstone....If he goes down in history for getting lobbed out then so should I for paying £20 to getting on saturday!

I agree..loyalty should not guarentee a place..but better shot stopping and better attitude to the club and the job in question is...henderson's just a cv builder and he can go build it somewhere else!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The Complete Badger said:
Chez, firstly if Henderson is an albion legend then so am I! What on earth has he done here to deserve that status?

Also, do you seriously think anyone is going to remember him for running on the pitch at Bradford in, say, 3 years? It's a shame he can't move off the goal line as quickly as that when he is meant to be on the bloody pitch!!

I may well remember them both, but I will remember Michel for his FOOTBALL ability and all round persona, oh and the small matter of two championships he played a huge part in winning. I am struggling to think of anything on the pitch that I will remember Henderson for.....

Spot errrr on!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Also, do you seriously think anyone is going to remember him for running on the pitch at Bradford in, say, 3 years? It's a shame he can't move off the goal line as quickly as that when he is meant to be on the bloody pitch!!

I think Brighton fans will be talking about it in 33 years mate.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
chez said:
I think Brighton fans will be talking about it in 33 years mate.

Maybe you and your mates..no1 else!

I cant see henderson hanging around the amount of time that kuipers has....Henderson is a good keeper but not as good as FDM!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I may well remember them both, but I will remember Michel for his FOOTBALL ability and all round persona, oh and the small matter of two championships he played a huge part in winning. I am struggling to think of anything on the pitch that I will remember Henderson for.....

Give him a chance!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
COME ON LADS!

Cant believe its close...FDM is loyal..a fantastic shot stopper..a gr8 guy and a former dutch marine...he loves the club and the fans and since he's been at the club Ive seen some amazing stops from

Henderson is irish......disloyal and a thug who invades the playing area.

YOUR CHOICE?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
fdm's winning!!!

:clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am amazed at some of the attitudes on here. Why can't people accept we have two quality keepers at this level and put their case without slagging off Henderson, especially for being disloyal when Kuipers put in a transfer request last year too (short memories).

I think they are both good at this level but would play Henderson if they were both fully fit and playing to the best of their ability. However, I am happy with Kuipers playing and would probably keep him in against Northwich after his performance on Saturday.

I have never understood the anti Henderson people on here. Why not support whoever is playing as they both play for our club at the moment?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
If Kuipers is such a fantastic keeper then how come he was number 2 to Blayney, Henderson and Roberts under Wilkins, McGhee, Taylor and Adams? How come noone has made offers for him? How come when he had the chance to go out on loan was it that only Boston came in for him and how come he conceeded so many goals when he played for them. He is an average Keeper but of course most on here have such blinkered views on this subject it makes Kuipers sound like God himself:yawn:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think we are lucky to have two decent keepers, selling one would be stupid - without FDM on Saturday due to Hendersons injury we would lost - FDM isnt exactly the most injury free keeper we have ever had.

And to be so anti Henserson because he is Irish - well there have been enough debates about what that is called hasnt there.

Had any other manager than MM signed Henderson then I think some opinions would change

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Kuiper should start as he is in possession of the keepers shirt.

Hendo running on the picture does give him more likeability(sp) but at the end of the day FDM played well at Bradford and deserves the start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here