Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bloody hell sounds bad !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The building and crane were apparantly shrouded in mist, maybe the pilot was inexperienced in that area of London :shrug:
Yes I think you're probably right, but you'd think some sort of radar was in order before flying into a low hanging cloud. :shrug:

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
How the hell does that happen?

I know this isn't the most 'accurate' source of information but I do enjoy Sky News due to how shit they are. According to them the helicopter was banking and thus could have been suffering from problems before it crashed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A helicopter has crashed into a crane at a building site in south London.
Police said it appeared the helicopter had hit the crane on top of a building. They said it was too early to confirm any casualties.
Ex-BBC producer Paul Ferguson said the helicopter "plummeted straight into the ground". People have reported seeing a pall of smoke in the area.
Police said they first received calls at 08:00 GMT and the London Ambulance Service said it was also at the scene.
Transport for London has confirmed there has been an incident.
Mr Ferguson added: "The building the helicopter hit is shrouded in mist."
He said the crane at the top of the building was now hanging down the side of the building.
'Huge smoke cloud'
Witnesses reported seeing debris on the ground.
Quinn Murray was cycling when he saw the crash.
Quin Murray said he saw part of the crane on the ground by the crash site He said: "I saw the helicopter hit the top of the crane and come down just to the left of the station.
"There was quite a large amount of fire and a huge smoke cloud. It wasn't on the road, but into a building site where they are building the new Nine Elms area.
"There's a huge number of emergency services."
Commuter Sherna Noah described seeing a "large plume of dark grey smoke" as she crossed Battersea Bridge at about 08:00 GMT.
She said: "I was coming across the bridge and basically I could see a few cyclists on the bridge looking towards the water.
"I looked over to see what they were looking at and could see a pall of grey smoke coming from the south side.
"You could see a large plume of dark grey smoke."
Nicky Morgan, the MP for Loughborough, witnessed the crash while walking towards Vauxhall station from the Lambeth Palace direction.
She said she heard an enormous bang and saw clouds of black smoke.
The BBC's Ross Hawkins said at least four ambulances and many police cars were at the scene.
He said Wandsworth Road near Vauxhall station is closed, with apparent debris on the ground, and a crane at the top of a new high rise development appears to be damaged.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes I think you're probably right, but you'd think some sort of radar was in order before flying into a low hanging cloud. :shrug:

Probably a bit on common sense as well, unless there were problems seem strange to risk it when there are so many large buildings.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I know this isn't the most 'accurate' source of information but I do enjoy Sky News due to how shit they are. According to them the helicopter was banking and thus could have been suffering from problems before it crashed.

Sky News really are desperate - Eamonn Holmes trying to claim this could be terrorist related as it is quite near to the MI6 building and new US Embassy. Looks to me like a dreadful accident, actually. Looks awful - fingers crossed that there are not many casualties.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What's the bet the tinfoil hat brigade will have an "explanation" for this before lunch?

oh, you wont have to wait that long. by lunch they'll have linked it to the Sandy Hook shootings, the Tube bombings and invasion of iraq.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sky News really are desperate - Eamonn Holmes trying to claim this could be terrorist related as it is quite near to the MI6 building and new US Embassy. Looks to me like a dreadful accident, actually. Looks awful - fingers crossed that there are not many casualties.

Whilst it does sounds like a terrible accident and I very much expect that there is no foul play, people were saying that the first plane that hit the world trade centre in New York was accident at the time and closer to home the tube bombings were a power surge.

Holmes is just doing his job, nobodies knows what happened yet and in this crazy world you can't rule anything out these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here