Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heaviest Albion defeat you've seen?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
6 -1 against Oldham on their artificial in the year that we lost to Notts County in the Play Off final. The ball was pinging up like a powerball off that surface and Oldham were just used to it.

It started snowing at the game too. What a long journey home

Yep, I was at that. It was 6-0 until right at the end when Wilkins scored a brilliant free-kick.

Also a 5-1 loss at Fratton Park after leading 1-0 at half time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
6-1 at oldham

i seem to remember getting dicked against middlesboro too

Huddersfield losing 9-2 against Man City

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bristol Rovers...8-2 defeat at home.

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
6 -1 against Oldham on their artificial in the year that we lost to Notts County in the Play Off final. The ball was pinging up like a powerball off that surface and Oldham were just used to it.

that game aswell.

oh yes I was there too. and got there about five to three and dived in the first turnstile only to realise that this was now full of Oldham fans. Oh how they did enjoy their big win (unlike me:angry::eek::lolol:)

and I was at the Norwich game (on a Wednesday night as well!) but my recollection was of a 0-5 defeat....

Wednesday 29th November 1989
Norwich City 5-0 Brighton and Hove A

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That's my heaviest defeat too, we were shite, and Oldham were good on the day, I didn't blame the pitch as we had played on it a few times by then.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think 4 goals is the worst margin of defeat I've seen (managed not to go to the Selhurst shambles and missed the Bristol Rovers game all those years ago, too.

Of those I remember...

4 - 0 away at Brentford (twice)
5 - 1 away at Reading
5 - 1 home to Stoke

There's probably others, but I'm depressed enough at the moment, so don't want to look them up!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
5-0 Palace.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I can beat the lot of you! Lost 9-0 away to Middlesborough in about 1968 I think. Can still remember when their second goal went in thinking that we could still get something out of this match. I was right, it was our record worst score ever!

Wasn't that 10 years earlier? If my memory serves me correctly it was the first match of the season after our promotion from the old 3rd Division South.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Same here. Included an Andy Ritchie hatrick if I remember rightly, and a certain Dean Wilkins scored our goal with a free kick.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
We won that didnt we?

We won against Gillingham 4-2 last season but he's referring to that terrible game in our first season in The Championship, with Andy Petterson's famous slip costing us the fourth goal as we were chasing the game. Was a terrible performance.

I don't have many impressive defeats to be honest. I didn't see the 5-0 thrasing at Selhurst, thankfully, so 4 goal deficits include the 5-1 home reverse to Stoke and this season's injury filled horror show against Crewe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here