Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heaviest Albion defeat you've seen?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These don't stick in my mind as well as the victories. I know a few were unfortunate enough to witness the 2-8 Bristol Rovers game but I'm really struggling to remember the heaviest defeat I've witnessed.

Can't get beyond a few 3-0 or 4-1's at the moment

Can someone refresh my memory as I KNOW there have been much much bigger ones than that

I gave THAT Stoke game a miss...fortunately

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was a 4-2 v Gillingham at Withdean a couple of seasons back. Not heavy as such, but a lot of goals. And the score flattered us.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There was a 4-2 v Gillingham at Withdean a couple of seasons back

2 goal difference is not really that heavy in the Albion scheme of things though is it? :laugh:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
5-1 vs Stoke , Reading & Plymouth

lost count of the amount of times we've let in 4 :down:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just remembered another one 5-0(?) at Southampton where we were kept back for 20 mins at the end and were goaded by the local police for most of it :mad:

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I can beat the lot of you! Lost 9-0 away to Middlesborough in about 1968 I think. Can still remember when their second goal went in thinking that we could still get something out of this match. I was right, it was our record worst score ever!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can beat the lot of you! Lost 9-0 away to Middlesborough in about 1968 I think. Can still remember when their second goal went in thinking that we could still get something out of this match. I was right, it was our record worst score ever!

1958. Brian Clough scored five.

At the return match at home, we lost 6-4.

We still managed to finish above them in the table.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
We lost 0 - 4 at Brentford 5 or 6 years ago. They had Paul Smith in goal and we were singing "Smithy...Wanker" the whole game I seem to remember. Don't think we ever looked like scoring.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
6 -1 against Oldham on their artificial in the year that we lost to Notts County in the Play Off final. The ball was pinging up like a powerball off that surface and Oldham were just used to it.

It started snowing at the game too. What a long journey home

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I remember us getting thrashed in a pre season friendly at The Goldstone (RIP) against Sheffield Wednesday. Think it was 7-1 to them. They had Des Walker and Regi Blinker playing for them.

There was the 5 goals leaked at Palace, Plymouth and Reading thrashings away, and the Darlington one at The Priestfield, where Marco Gabiadini scored a hat trick.

The Stoke game with the Rooney hatrick and Loft wonderstrike

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here