[News] Heat emergency declared in England

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Network Rail says to avoid trains unless absolutely necessary, with much of country covered by extreme heat alert

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Carnage at Camber Sands apparently. Car parks overflowing and long tailbacks on the road in. Wouldn't want to be stuck in a car there today!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carnage at Camber Sands apparently. Car parks overflowing and long tailbacks on the road in. Wouldn't want to be stuck in a car there today!

Yet for some it'll be the highlight of the week - why else would you do it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t know what you’re missing.

85C63E76-8C92-4B35-847D-B441A4B0DF5C.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
This is what lays in store for me in the next couple of days, up in the chilly north. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it. Even tonight, when it’s been pushing 30 for much of the day I’m quite comfortably sat in the garden at nearly 11pm. Can’t remember another time I’ve done that.

It’s not right, is it?

5CFA40C8-AD6A-4DCF-87EA-E0C60948E8FB.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is what lays in store for me in the next couple of days, up in the chilly north. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it. Even tonight, when it’s been pushing 30 for much of the day I’m quite comfortably sat in the garden at nearly 11pm. Can’t remember another time I’ve done that.

It’s not right, is it?

View attachment 149960

End of the week where you are it looks like it'll be 19 - 20 degrees cooler than Tuesday... that's mad!! Nothing like those extremes down here (on the coast at least) it seems - 30ish then back to 22/23 by end of the week

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That site is amazing. It has a Brighton category and will tell you the exact weather in Brighton to about 10 minutes on any day since 1973.

You've just cost me a lot of time idling you ****er.

I was just killing time waiting for a train, banging through the years watching the black line gradually moving up the graph.
So wasn't really paying too much attention to the site overall.

1980 passed me.by, then I had a 'wait wot!' moment. :lol:

Unfortunately it did also.induce a 'the traffics not that bad in The Sweeney' :facepalm: moment.

As my thoughts went too:-

'Wimbledon and test matches don't lose a days play anymore - they were always washed out when I was a kid'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Met Office has advised people to do "do as little as possible" to avoid heat exhaustion in the blistering heat.

Northerners should be fine then.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The "whole scientific world" (a.k.a. some science people) has also said that average temperatures has increased with a whopping 1.2 °C since 1850-something... which indicates that every sunny day might not indicate the end of the world, as it may just be a case of weather.

:facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No, the real facepalm are those who think we are entering a new ice-age any time its a bit cold or that the world is just on the edge of turning into hell any time there is a bit of sunshine.

Obviously the climate is changing for one reason or another (or plenty), and you seem to be in for some quite extreme days, but the eternal banging on the doomsday drum whenever there's a few snowflakes too many or too strong sun beams.. its pretty hysterical (generally speaking).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Climate change is happening without doubt, but so is the propaganda war......

Attachments

• HotUK.jpg
    HotUK.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 104

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, the real facepalm are those who think we are entering a new ice-age any time its a bit cold or that the world is just on the edge of turning into hell any time there is a bit of sunshine.

Obviously the climate is changing for one reason or another (or plenty), and you seem to be in for some quite extreme days, but the eternal banging on the doomsday drum whenever there's a few snowflakes too many or too strong sun beams.. its pretty hysterical (generally speaking).

Maybe you should quote those people and discuss your facepalming of their ideas with them?

Meanwhile away from the hysterical fringes of the debate, it is my understanding that climate change is linked to more extreme weather events.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Has+climate+change+caused+more+extreme+weather?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here