Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having a pop back at the homophobes.

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
I`m sure that the vast majority of us aren`t really bothered by some of the ribbing we get re our citys` reputation. But if we were to have a pop back how would we do it. Here`s one for starters. All 20,000 of us get up at once, show them a limp wrist and in unison shout "Ooh get you duckie" or how about a chorus or two of "You`re too ugly to be gay" or maybe "You`re too common to be gay"

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
think we should all turn our backs to them, bend forward and MOON
then turn back round singing come and join us over ear
although i do agree with the post above

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
Good idea but that would leave us with the scenario of 20,000 or so of us arrested and banned from all footy stadiums forever for indecent exposure, or until Palace stop being crap, whichever comes sooner. Would be bloody funny though.

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
It`s the same as American africans or African americans calling each other "Nigga" Taking the gun from the protagonists and pointing it right back at them. That is not racism!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It`s the same as American africans or African americans calling each other "Nigga" Taking the gun from the protagonists and pointing it right back at them. That is not racism!

Errr, that metaphor only works if African Americans started calling white folk 'niggers'. Which is slightly different from African Americans calling each other 'nigga.'

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
No that is just tit for tat name calling. If African Americans call each other "Nigga" It neutralises the word. Example, if somebody called you for instance a W****r and you said " Yep, I`m most definitely a wanker", the person calling you a wanker knows that the word as an insult is unlikely to trouble you. So therefore you have taken that word and neutralised it as an insult. Let`s give it a go. Goldstone Rapper you are a Wanker. (In the nicest possible way)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No that is just tit for tat name calling. If African Americans call each other "Nigga" It neutralises the word. Example, if somebody called you for instance a W****r and you said " Yep, I`m most definitely a wanker", the person calling you a wanker knows that the word as an insult is unlikely to trouble you. So therefore you have taken that word and neutralised it as an insult. Let`s give it a go. Goldstone Rapper you are a Wanker. (In the nicest possible way)

As Woody Allen said, there's nothing wrong with safe sex with someone you love. :)

And on that note...

Last edited:

Is it actually homophobia, to be calling a bunch of (mostly) straight blokes poofs?
If the gays among the audience are told that they've been spotted holding hands or questioned whether their same-sex partner knows where they are, they are not really going to feel all that affronted are they?

Their point is to pour insults on heterosexuals - and if the heterosexual feels insulted to be called "GAY", surely it is he who is the homophobic person.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
think we should all turn our backs to them, bend forward and MOON
then turn back round singing come and join us over ear
although i do agree with the post above

In all honesty I think that would be f***ing hilarious. Imagine the whole of the North Stand mooning the South.

I'm in. :sheep:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is it actually homophobia, to be calling a bunch of (mostly) straight blokes poofs?
If the gays among the audience are told that they've been spotted holding hands or questioned whether their same-sex partner knows where they are, they are not really going to feel all that affronted are they?

Their point is to pour insults on heterosexuals - and if the heterosexual feels insulted to be called "GAY", surely it is he who is the homophobic person.

It's homophobia at the point when the meaning is made that homosexuality is something to be ashamed of. Nothing more, nothing less.

Someone straight who is not homophobic can feel affronted by an incident where the use of the word 'gay' is used as an insult because:
- they don't like the fact someone is trying to use name-calling to hurt their feelings.
- they don't like the fact someone considers it OK to use sexual identity as a method to abuse someone else.
- they don't like the fact someone is taking it upon themselves to start labelling them and pigeon-holing them.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
20,000 moon then all sing in unison

" come and have a go if you think your hard enough "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here