Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having a pop back at the homophobes.

It's homophobia at the point when the meaning is made that homosexuality is something to be ashamed of. Nothing more, nothing less.

Someone straight who is not homophobic can feel affronted by an incident where the use of the word 'gay' is used as an insult because:
- they don't like the fact someone is trying to use name-calling to hurt their feelings.
- they don't like the fact someone considers it OK to use sexual identity as a method to abuse someone else.
- they don't like the fact someone is taking it upon themselves to start labelling them and pigeon-holing them.

Do give over, how many male fans are bothered by being 'pigeon-holed' or get upset because of someone else's use of identity!
They all get name-called for simply supporting the opposing team! Are some proud to be "wankers" any more than "gays"?
If they feel that *identity* is affronting, then they must also be insulted to be abused by it, and therefore not pleased to be identified as homosexual. That's a reflection of their own identity-pride, and to be affronted makes them homo-disdainful also.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Do give over, how many male fans are bothered by being 'pigeon-holed' or get upset because of someone else's use of identity!
They all get name-called for simply supporting the opposing team! Are some proud to be "wankers" any more than "gays"?
If they feel that *identity* is affronting, then they must also be insulted to be abused by it, and therefore not pleased to be identified as homosexual. That's a reflection of their own identity-pride, and to be affronted makes them homo-disdainful also.

Blokes would be more comfortable with being a wanker than a gay.

Most things beat gay

Gay does beat being a paedo though

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Clearly, you're very attached to your rather fixed opinion. However, as someone who has experienced homophobic abuse in the workplace and not being gay myself, I can safely tell you that my hurt and disgust was not based on any hostility towards homosexual people or homosexuality.

Likewise, with Graeme Le Saux. See Le Saux on the Fowler incident

It seems a rough kind of justice when people not only face name-calling and its impact but also groundless accusations of being hostile to what they are being name-called.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Applying your logic, NMH, next you'd be saying Mendoza is against Pakistani people because he reported a Twitter post that used the word 'paki'.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was finding you previous post to be a reasonable point, but this kinda blows it I'm afraid.
:nono:

Why's that, then? I'm applying your logic that if people are insulted by use of a word, they must think there's something wrong with what they are being identified with.

Last edited:

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
Pah footballs always been about winding the other lot up, thats how it is the terraces are getting to serious.
I must be bored posting here... life check!!!see ya lovies

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Say like if someone calls you a c***, you are obviously going to dislike any such a clear insult.
And that isn't my point when we are referring to "we can see you holding hands" :shrug:

If you refer back to your original post, you make your point (about people being affronted by what they are being identified with) not only over 'we can see you holding hands' which most of us appear to accept as banter, but also people using 'poof' and 'gay' as insults. I think that's what muddied the point you are making. For my part, I accept that sometimes, when people are name-called, it winds them up by playing on their prejudice within. e.g. An initial labelling of 'Listen, gay boy' or even 'we can see you holding hands' can lead to a homophobic reaction of 'Don't call me a poof, you faggot'.

However, it's rather overstating the valid insight you have (about people resisting an anti-gay insult because they themselves are anti-gay) to apply it to all cases of homophobic abuse. When no caveats are provided, it becomes a slur that all straight victims hurt by homophobia are homophobic. Your original post had no such caveats. Thank you for clarifying now, though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blokes would be more comfortable with being a wanker than a gay.

Most things beat gay

Gay does beat being a paedo though

It's like paper-scissors-stone.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This.

Nothing to be gained by pandering to the Hyper sensitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here