Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2024/25 edition)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Currently 20.1 c in the lounge no heating. Just going to play golf then cricket on the VR Headset You old boys need to liven up a bit (y) :giggle:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Currently 20.1 c in the lounge no heating. Just going to play golf then cricket on the VR Headset You old boys need to liven up a bit (y) :giggle:

Spring was fine - bit rainy to begin with but lots of sun overall, just a bit below average temperatures
Summers started pretty mixed but last weekend was good, bit of a dodgy spell since middle of the week, but settling down nicely start of next week onwards. All the moaning about the weather is doing my nut in (in general - not just on here - except if you live up north - i know its been much worse up there)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For the last three or so weeks Mitsubishi have been running an advert on TS for air conditioning units…..the couple involved have been struggling to sleep at night because of the hot weather …they must be doing roaring business off the back it of it 🤦‍♂️

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Relatively, chilly, windy and damp, it feels like late Sept/Oct.

The first year without a summer since 1816?
We didn’t have much of a summer in Cornwall last year either. 😕☔

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Relatively, chilly, windy and damp, it feels like late Sept/Oct.

The first year without a summer since 1816?
Depends how you define summer.
If youre glass half empty then yeah there's been no summer; if you're glass half full it's been absolutely fine- more unsettled spells than normal but still plenty of nice warm sun (if not as hot as usual) through spring and summer. Even in unsettled days like this weekend there's still been warm sun parts of both days. I mean watching the Euros it appears to be pissing it down every day in Germany so its definitely been much better here than there of late

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Depends how you define summer.
If youre glass half empty then yeah there's been no summer; if you're glass half full it's been absolutely fine- more unsettled spells than normal but still plenty of nice warm sun (if not as hot as usual) through spring and summer. Even in unsettled days like this weekend there's still been warm sun parts of both days. I mean watching the Euros it appears to be pissing it down every day in Germany so its definitely been much better here than there of late

A silver lining for me, being a gardener, the rain's been most welcome. Plus hot night time temperatures aren't for me.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A silver lining for me, being a gardener, the rain's been most welcome. Plus hot night time temperatures aren't for me.
Same. Despite still being quite dry since early spring overall (bar last couple of days!) this summer - and last to an extent - really make you realise how dry previous summers have been! With little kids it's also been nice not having much in the way of extreme heat. Around 20 has been perfect. Lovely out now! If breezy

Haven't actually checked but I'm guessing this unsettled spell is a result of the hurricane across the pond?

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Same. Despite still being quite dry since early spring overall (bar last couple of days!) this summer - and last to an extent - really make you realise how dry previous summers have been! With little kids it's also been nice not having much in the way of extreme heat. Around 20 has been perfect. Lovely out now! If breezy

Haven't actually checked but I'm guessing this unsettled spell is a result of the hurricane across the pond?
According to the Met Office it's due to the position of the Polar jet stream. I'm guessing it's slightly further south than normal, drawing in cooler air from the north.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bally chilly today actually, no heating on but I’m wearing a winter jumper…

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
According to the Met Office it's due to the position of the Polar jet stream. I'm guessing it's slightly further south than normal, drawing in cooler air from the north.
Ah yeah, just had a look at jetstream checker. Right over us and northern Europe. I know it's spent a lot of time further south over continental Europe this spring/summer too. Been all over the place this year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here