Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you got tattoos or piercings?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Matter of opinion actually, clearly not yours but I'm in my fifties and never had any complaints. Didn't realise you were a self appointed member of the taste police, you should resign.

Well, you are of course entitled to wear whatever you so wish.. But I would be surprised if you were in the majority on this one...I did not claim to work for the fashion police.. Just stating an opinion that wearing an earring will not sort out a mid life crisis for you matey!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think it's all a matter of opinion and not necessarily anything to do with age.

A certain NSCer (who shall remain nameless) is slightly younger than me yet takes every possible opportunity to moan and complain about my tattoos whenever we see each other. I do tell him "mind your own business" but he never seems to give up.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
PS- And the reason you don't get complaints is because people probably just do it behind your back. A few of my friend's have earrings and my normal friends who don't always say how ridiculous they look behind their back. Perhaps people are just being nice to you

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it looks grim and tacky , but each to their own.

PS- And the reason you don't get complaints is because people probably just do it behind your back. A few of my friend's have earrings and my normal friends who don't always say how ridiculous they look behind their back. Perhaps people are just being nice to you

There is an element of truth here.

My MD has has never taken any potential supplier seriously if they turn up with visible tats or earings.

One of the sales team has a tattoo on his forearm and is forbidden to wear short sleeve shirts in the office or on appointments.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
There is an element of truth here.

My MD has has never taken any potential supplier seriously if they turn up with visible tats or earings.

One of the sales team has a tattoo on his forearm and is forbidden to wear short sleeve shirts in the office or on appointments.

I may not have worded it well but you get what I mean. Not surprised, I wouldn't employ someone with an earring, would if they have a tat, unless it's a ridiculous one which is all over their face or something.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

The thing is that the sort of people I know and work with are obviously not the same sort of snide individuals you deal with, maybe that reflects on you. Once again you have stated an opinion based on what you think rather than what you know. As a matter of fact my earring is not large and any of my tatts are not obvious unless I am wearing a short sleeve shirt which I rarely do at work in any case. But never mind, you carry on spouting your own opinions as 'facts'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I may not have worded it well but you get what I mean. Not surprised, I wouldn't employ someone with an earring, would if they have a tat, unless it's a ridiculous one which is all over their face or something.

Only a **** would work for you anyway.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
The thing is that the sort of people I know and work with are obviously not the same sort of snide individuals you deal with, maybe that reflects on you. Once again you have stated an opinion based on what you think rather than what you know. As a matter of fact my earring is not large and any of my tatts are not obvious unless I am wearing a short sleeve shirt which I rarely do at work in any case. But never mind, you carry on spouting your own opinions as 'facts'.

I have no problems with tattoos, and your earring must be big enough to see, earring large or small, is still an earring.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My boss at work wears an ear stud, in full knowledge of our area manager and people above her at a head office level (as they see it when they come to visit), and no-one as far as I am aware has ever made comment, whether employee or any of our customers.

Surely a person's ability to do the job for which they have been employed is more important than whether or not they choose to wear an earring?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just wondering for those who have piercings, why do you have them? Men with earrings look like twats, they really do.

Had mine since I was a teenager and just because i'm 50 I dont see why I should have to take it out, I expect there's things about you that make you look a twat to others but it's freedom of choice.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Really ? Well you have a lot of shit between them.
That's a bit harsh, he was just expressing an opinion. It's a bit like the replica shirt debate isn't it? That always gets heated, Lord knows why as it's all down to personal taste.

No tats or piercings myself and I agree with the person who said that old tattoos on women look really bad, no woman has ever improved her looks by having a tattoo. (In my opinion of course). I was very disappointed when my daughter got one. And Amy Winehouse (RIP) looked as if someone had scribbled on her.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's a bit harsh, he was just expressing an opinion. It's a bit like the replica shirt debate isn't it? That always gets heated, Lord knows why as it's all down to personal taste.

No tats or piercings myself and I agree with the person who said that old tattoos on women look really bad, no woman has ever improved her looks by having a tattoo. (In my opinion of course). I was very disappointed when my daughter got one. And Amy Winehouse (RIP) looked as if someone had scribbled on her.

Calling somebody a twat because they have a tattoo or a piercing is more than an opinion, it's an insult and fully deserved that response. As a matter of fact I find facial piercings repulsive and I would agree that Amy Winehouse looked a mess as does that Pompey fan. My tatts and my earring are pretty discrete and anybody who wouldn't employ me because of them is an idiot. Quite possibly they would be the same sort of person who wouldn't employ a minority or a gay person as clearly they are very narrow minded.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Calling somebody a twat because they have a tattoo or a piercing is more than an opinion, it's an insult and fully deserved that response. As a matter of fact I find facial piercings repulsive and I would agree that Amy Winehouse looked a mess as does that Pompey fan. My tatts and my earring are pretty discrete and anybody who wouldn't employ me because of them is an idiot. Quite possibly they would be the same sort of person who wouldn't employ a minority or a gay person as clearly they are very narrow minded.

Wrong just wrong. I only really said I wouldn't employ a man with an earring as it was in the heat of the debate.

Would you still wear your earring when you're 70, or 80?????

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair he didn't actually call you personally a twat, he said "men with earrings look like twats". That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation obviously, and I agree that things like discreet gold studs can actually look quite stylish. On the other hand if you appear to have half the Bank of England's gold reserves dangling from one of your lobes then, yeah, 'twat' is quite accurate. (I'm sure you haven't BTW). It's the same with having tattoos on your arms, legs, wherever and having a spider's web on your face and the words 'f*** of ****' on your forehead. You couldn't really expect to get a customer-facing job in those circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here