Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever seen a dead body?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think that's where i couldn't do your job, not that something like that would be impossible for me, i'd just find it really sad that that's a guy that's been dead for weeks and no-one knew and gave him that dignity. Really sad.

That is very true, someone who was known to me died of old age a couple of years ago...she lived alone and it wasn't known that she had died for a couple of days, she failed to turn up to meet a friend who then phoned her daughter to see if she was OK, she went round to her house and found her. It is sad to think that she died alone, but somewhat a comfort to know that she had a long and happy life and was much loved by everyone who knew her.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Fair point about the CPR, my guess was that both attempts resulted in failure...I heard a statistic recently that suggested CPR was rarely a success.

CPR in itself will not get someone back, unless you have done your ABC assessment wrong and they were alive. Only defibrillation will get someone back, and that in itself doesn't have very many successes.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I forget how many times I have done first aid courses and given compressions and breaths to some rank smelling dummy...in the romantic notion that if we tried it in real life it would work, statistics suggest otherwise.

However, it is good to see how many places now have those defib kits that even a complete novice can use.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Despite being over 40 I have still not seen a dead body,

Well your certainly not missing out on anything, I would guess that the majority of people who have seen a dead body wish they had'nt.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well your certainly not missing out on anything, I would guess that the majority of people who have seen a dead body wish they had'nt.

It certainly isn't an ambition to see a dead body, I have seen a few people who were pretty close to death, I am just guessing that I have been incredibly lucky.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It certainly isn't an ambition to see a dead body, I have seen a few people who were pretty close to death, I am just guessing that I have been incredibly lucky.

If you can get through life with out seeing a dead body then fair play to you fella.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I saw my nan after she died in her sleep.

Thought it would be appalling. In fact, it was somehow comforting.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I heard a statistic recently that suggested CPR was rarely a success.

He was rarely a success when he played for us.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
My old man was a funeral director & he used to take me I to work & let has me have a butchers at the corpses! It was cool!

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
yes. i saw my grandfather just after he passed away,

and as an archaeologist have worked with many skeletons (i know this is not exactly 'a dead body' but working with a skele which has been hung drawn and quartered is pretty exciting :D

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
and as an archaeologist have worked with many skeletons (i know this is not exactly 'a dead body' but working with a skele which has been hung drawn and quartered is pretty exciting :D

if they are skeletons they are most certianly dead

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i saw that Liverpool fan after he had hit his head on Patcham Tunnel after the league game at the Goldstone in 1983 - not a pretty sight !!

I had the bloke I was chatting with at the bar die on me of a heart attack. I tried in vain with CPR. When the police arrived they questioned me as to having caused the mans death.
Another time a mate and I waded into a river to retreive a dead boy,about 15 years old, because noone else on shore,including the police ,would.
In Peru, I saw a car flip several times on the roadway, flinging the driver with every roll as he was trapped. He was a mangled dead bloody pulp when I approached.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had the bloke I was chatting with at the bar die on me of a heart attack. I tried in vain with CPR. When the police arrived they questioned me as to having caused the mans death.
Another time a mate and I waded into a river to retreive a dead boy,about 15 years old, because noone else on shore,including the police ,would.
In Peru, I saw a car flip several times on the roadway, flinging the driver with every roll as he was trapped. He was a mangled dead bloody pulp when I approached.

There seems to be a patern emerging here.
You say you were questioned the first time ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

So, I bet you have loads of mates wanting to go on holiday with you ?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Wierdest one was in a bar in Mayport, USA, when I was drinking with a US Marine. He just stopped talking and slid off the stool. I thought he was pissed, but the smell convinced me otherwise. Massive coronary caused by steroid abuse, and the alcohol (granted, there was a lot of it), put the final stress on his system.

Other than that, I'll sign up under the "too many" column.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here