Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever seen a dead body?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes-at a friend's wedding in Canada. During the reception the guy's uncle was dancing without a care in the world then just dropped dead in the middle of the dance floor. Screwed up the reception a tad...

Was it Murder On The Dancefloor?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Very good...I like your train of thought!

...it might not have been a natural death!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"Going Down, in a Blazer Gory"

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Had to kick a door in yesterday and found some poor old sod who had been rotting for about 3 weeks. The worst I've been to in 6 years!! I had to attempt to check the body but the flies were freaking me out, there were hundreds of them everywhere. I lifted his t-shirt up to check him and it looked like someone had emptied several cartons of fried rice over him, maggots!!!! it was rancid and i could only manage 60 second stints before i was getting rather queasy!

I love my job :nono:

Thousands of dead bodies. Many of them rabbits, on the Devils' Dyke Road every morning.

Butchers have lots of chickens, and pieces of other animals too. I have consumed several.

Only ever found one dead-un, the flies were a give-away though he was only a couple of days gone. His body had turned black, because he was diabetic (that's how he'd died) and that turns them a different colour to regular blooded people.
I reported the find, and that was that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had to kick a door in yesterday and found some poor old sod who had been rotting for about 3 weeks. The worst I've been to in 6 years!! I had to attempt to check the body but the flies were freaking me out, there were hundreds of them everywhere. I lifted his t-shirt up to check him and it looked like someone had emptied several cartons of fried rice over him, maggots!!!! it was rancid and i could only manage 60 second stints before i was getting rather queasy!

When people jump on you poor sods they forget the crap you have to face day to day..... Its a thankless task sometimes.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I hav'nt seen as many as some people but I like to think I've seen enough for one life time, some of the dead bodies I have seen have been a bit messy. :sick:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It seems that there are a few professions that are more likely to see dead bodies than many others, the likes of cops, firefighters and nurses where it must be a bit of an occupational hazard. For the rest of us the only time we will see a dead body is if it is a relative or we are unfortunate enough to see one just going about our lives.

Despite being over 40 I have still not seen a dead body, although slightly worse I have seen paramedics giving CPR to people twice...I am guessing that there is a fair chance that their patients may have been declared dead shortly afterwards.

I wonder if seeing dead bodies on a fairly regular basis acts as a sort of anaesthetic and makes it less shocking...but I guess nothing can prepare you for finding someone who has been dead for sometime, not at all pleasant.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

But thanks for doing it though

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It seems that there are a few professions that are more likely to see dead bodies than many others, the likes of cops, firefighters and nurses where it must be a bit of an occupational hazard. For the rest of us the only time we will see a dead body is if it is a relative or we are unfortunate enough to see one just going about our lives.

Despite being over 40 I have still not seen a dead body, although slightly worse I have seen paramedics giving CPR to people twice...I am guessing that there is a fair chance that their patients may have been declared dead shortly afterwards.

I wonder if seeing dead bodies on a fairly regular basis acts as a sort of anaesthetic and makes it less shocking...but I guess nothing can prepare you for finding someone who has been dead for sometime, not at all pleasant.

To tell you the truth, for me it doesn't get any less horrible watching someone die, I cry my eyes out every time. I suppose for me as each death i see, it does get less shocking really. I used to be absolutely terrified each time, but i now have a different feeling about it.

And i'm just going to be slightly anal here - people recieving CPR are dead at that moment - its just a case of whether you can bring them back or not.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

I think that's where i couldn't do your job, not that something like that would be impossible for me, i'd just find it really sad that that's a guy that's been dead for weeks and no-one knew and gave him that dignity. Really sad.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point about the CPR, my guess was that both attempts resulted in failure...I heard a statistic recently that suggested CPR was rarely a success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here