Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you bothered to vote?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you don't vote you can't moan about the outcome?!? What bollox. My right ot vote extends to the right NOT to vote. I'm not going to vote for someone just to give myself the right to moan If I don't like or agree with any of them. By not voting along with many others I directly affect the result by ensuring a low turn-out which the main parties all dislike. I'm making my political point buy not voting therefore it is not wasted and i am entitled to moan just like everyone else. If you want to vote for someone you don't really want to then you are a mug.

Agreed. Not voting here either.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i just voted for the first one on the list, it happened to be BNP!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you don't vote you can't moan about the outcome?!? What bollox. My right ot vote extends to the right NOT to vote. I'm not going to vote for someone just to give myself the right to moan If I don't like or agree with any of them. By not voting along with many others I directly affect the result by ensuring a low turn-out which the main parties all dislike. I'm making my political point buy not voting therefore it is not wasted and i am entitled to moan just like everyone else. If you want to vote for someone you don't really want to then you are a mug.
I can see where you're coming from, and I 'sort of' agree with you. The problem is that the people like you, who are trying to make a political point by not voting, are lumped together with all the apathetic tossers who simply can't be bothered to spare any thought as to how they'd like to be governed and who they'd like to do it.

I'd like to see it an electoral rule that the number of spoiled papers are published like they publish the votes cast for each candidate. Then you could go down and write 'BOLLOCKS!' on your ballot paper knowing that your disapproval of all the candidates would be recorded. You and about 20 million others probably.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I went out and voted at 8.30 am . Have to wait until Sunday evening to find out the results.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Under this system, you vote for a party, not an individual. The party will then choose one of their nominees for that area.

Thanks. All I've managed to find so far is a list of names and the parties they represent.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
If you don't vote you can't moan about the income. But what if you vote and the people that you voted for lose can you moan then?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have voted,and the people at our polling station said the turnout was 15 - 20%.

Oh dear !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you don't vote you can't moan about the income. But what if you vote and the people that you voted for lose can you moan then?

I think you're missing he point. By voting, you are being involved in the process whether your candidate wins or not and that gives you the 'right' to comment. Unfortunatley, as a Country, we are blessed with, as someone quite rightly described, apathetic tossers, who spend hours on forums complaining about how the tax they paid is spent but do nothing to influence the election of those people making the decisions.

Personally, Australia has got it right. Mandatory voting or be fined. Obviously, in that instance you would have the 'none of the above' option but you will still have to go through the process. Use it or lose it. Perhaps if a government was elected by 60% of a compulory vote then they would have a justifiable mandate. The current system means you can easily become a government with only a mandate from a small percentage of the electorate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of the minority parties I think that UKIP and BNP will end up with more votes nationally than the Greens.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
been out and voted earlier this afternoon :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Voting isn't just about exercising a right, but fulfilling a responsibility.

If you don't like the choice on offer, then that's not an argument to not vote. That's an argument for getting involved in your local party, helping to select a candidate you like. Or an argument for working towards a campaign to change the electoral system, bring in a bill of rights or written constitution etc.

Voting is the least we should be doing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Greens for THPP - tho the voting form was far from green, it was about three foot long and must have cost the lives of several paper-bearing trees

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I haven't voted. I know nothing of the issues that each party stands for and have been too busy with exams to research any of it. To me, this election process is not of great importance. The next general election, I will be definitely voting in.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I should agree pretty much 100% on their policies if they are going to have something as valuable as MY vote. On top of that, the individuals that make up the party also has to be worthy of MY vote.

I think it's more the individual that I have to agree with, because there are some issues that the individual may disagree with the party on. But the problem with our system is that our mp votes have to be tempered with who we'd like as PM/ruling party.

And yes, I've voted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here