Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you bothered to vote?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Im 39 years old and have just voted for the first time ever and yes it was for the BNP so keep on moaning you tobys, wasted vote blah blah....

Shame, sad endictment of your education that you can't see that the BNP cannot work. Who is going to run the corner store under your new world? Do you fancy a 6am to 8pm, 7 day a week job, or does that sound like too much hard work....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes Tories at local level, and UKIP for Europe, once I found them at the bottom of the ballot paper.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
why should i leave ??

Well, you are obviously very unhappy living in this country.... try New Zealand, they are 40 years behind us you could then live in your little Pre EEC world......... you are the weakest link, goodbye

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you don't vote you shouldn't be allowed to comment on public policy!

We just voted and I even saw Beachy on the way home...

Complete and utter 100% bollocks.

That's like saying that if the person you wanted didn't get in, they don't have a right to represent you.

The electoral system in the country is rubbish, you don't get to choose the candidates and in safe seats unless you vote for the candidate who is always going to get in, your vote is completely wasted.

I'm absolutely amazed at the ignorance of how our electoral system works.

I've was shouted down by a couple of people today who refused to believe that a party can get more votes than another and still lose the election to them.

That's what the country needs, not a debate on expenses - but the process in which we go through to choose the people in the first place.

I'm really hoping for a hung parliament. Not because of the result, but hopefully it will start a debate about parliament and the electoral system.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
If you voted bnp then on leaving the polling station you should of gone to your nearest war memorial and spat on it,
thats how much you have dishonoured the men who died fighting for the politics you have just voted for.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've voted - and I do agree with tedebear that it should be compulsory, or be fined. Even overlooking the obvious moral argument (people have died to get democracy etc etc), if you cynically viewed it only as a revenue-raising measure I'd rather money was raised like that than by the ever-increasing number of ways the motorist gets shafted.

Of all the many things we are forced to do (or be fined) at a national or local level, this is far more important than most of them - and it doesn't really matter what voting system is employed, it's the principle.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Complete and utter 100% bollocks.

That's like saying that if the person you wanted didn't get in, they don't have a right to represent you.

The electoral system in the country is rubbish, you don't get to choose the candidates and in safe seats unless you vote for the candidate who is always going to get in, your vote is completely wasted.

I'm absolutely amazed at the ignorance of how our electoral system works.

I've was shouted down by a couple of people today who refused to believe that a party can get more votes than another and still lose the election to them.

That's what the country needs, not a debate on expenses - but the process in which we go through to choose the people in the first place.

I'm really hoping for a hung parliament. Not because of the result, but hopefully it will start a debate about parliament and the electoral system.

How can you have an opinion on who leads this country if you don't vote?

Where I'm from voting is compulsory - and until it is in this country you can't say you have a representative government.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've voted - and I do agree with tedebear that it should be compulsory, or be fined. Even overlooking the obvious moral argument (people have died to get democracy etc etc), if you cynically viewed it only as a revenue-raising measure I'd rather money was raised like that than by the ever-increasing number of ways the motorist gets shafted.

Of all the many things we are forced to do (or be fined) at a national or local level, this is far more important than most of them - and it doesn't really matter what voting system is employed, it's the principle.

It 100% percent matters what voting system is employed, otherwise parallels with countries where it is mandatory are 100% meaningless.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How can you have an opinion on who leads this country if you don't vote?

Where I'm from voting is compulsory - and until it is in this country you can't say you have a representative government.

Because quite simply if you live somewhere where there is a safe seat, your opinion is a meaningless statistic.

Tell me where you are from and whether the voting system they employ and allowed two unelected prime ministers to rule the country in the past 20 years. Does it allow parties with less votes than another rule the country ?

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's proportional representation with a closed list at the Euro elections.....

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
Yes right. I could say the same about those who voted for Labour, conservative etc etc. The wars been over a long time mate. Its my children and grandchildrens future I am concerned about.

I also am concerned for the future of my children and grandchildren ,hence my hatred and loathing of a rise in popularity in british fascism.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Because quite simply if you live somewhere where there is a safe seat, your opinion is a meaningless statistic.

Tell me where you are from and whether the voting system they employ and allowed two unelected prime ministers to rule the country in the past 20 years. Does it allow parties with less votes than another rule the country ?

But a safe seat implies people have turned out to vote? If they don't turn out what happens?

I'm Australian if you've been paying attention...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But a safe seat implies people have turned out to vote? If they don't turn out what happens?

I'm Australian if you've been paying attention...

Well hello dear lady, nice to see you walking young Arthur earlier this evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here