Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you bothered to vote?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If you don't vote you shouldn't be allowed to comment on public policy!

We just voted and I even saw Beachy on the way home...

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i just got back. a steady stream of people, all getting asked by some woman outide what out card number was?

i thought it was meant to be secret? that idea got blown out the water as they checked who you were- any stalkers would have someone's name and address if they paid attention..

but i couldnt quite catch the attractive brunette's details, who was 2 places in front..:love:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A vote for the BNP is a wasted vote...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Im 39 years old and have just voted for the first time ever and yes it was for the BNP so keep on moaning you tobys, wasted vote blah blah....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
deportation is a good starting point

Have you considered emigration ?... face facts, it you don't like it and can't work with the system or you can't change it by persuasive argument just leave, luckily for you, you live in a democracy.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Im 39 years old and have just voted for the first time ever and yes it was for the BNP so keep on moaning you tobys, wasted vote blah blah....
its not a wasted vote, its about time things changed and the BNP have some representation in Brussels

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To my mind, UK politics needs a Barack Obama.

We need someone to come along and offer something genuinely new and different, someone to blow a huge blast of fresh air through the whole institution of politics in this country as a start to combating the voter apathy and getting people as interested as they should be in the running of our country.

A lot of people aren't voting because none of the parties, whether mainstream or otherwise, is offering anything that they see as worth voting for, and that's a very sad state of affairs in my opinion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think you're missing he point. By voting, you are being involved in the process whether your candidate wins or not and that gives you the 'right' to comment. Unfortunatley, as a Country, we are blessed with, as someone quite rightly described, apathetic tossers, who spend hours on forums complaining about how the tax they paid is spent but do nothing to influence the election of those people making the decisions.

Personally, Australia has got it right. Mandatory voting or be fined. Obviously, in that instance you would have the 'none of the above' option but you will still have to go through the process. Use it or lose it. Perhaps if a government was elected by 60% of a compulory vote then they would have a justifiable mandate. The current system means you can easily become a government with only a mandate from a small percentage of the electorate.

Problem with using the example Australia (as I've explained many many times over the last few months) is they have a different electoral system.

I've voted tonight, because I know my vote will count.

In the general election when I lived down in Sussex, there was no point voting for any other party that the Tories. Where I live now it's the same but with Labour.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'd imagine it's taken you a bit of time to learn how to mark an X, but well done all the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here