Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you always been an Albion fan

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. I don't come from Sussex and my first loves were Palace and Chelsea. When I first moved here I used to go and watch Brighton when I couldn't go and watch 'proper' football at Stamford Bridge or Selhurst Park. Gradually Brighton meant more and more to me, and I can still remember my last game as a Chelsea fan - it was the League Cup final against Stoke in 1972. I'd gone on my own to Wembley and I remember looking round the crowd thinking "This isn't my team any more, I wish Brighton were here."

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
When I was about seven, in the late sixties, I had a Wolves shirt, and in the early seventies, I had an Ajax shirt, so was a bit of a plastic, BUT I was taken to The Goldstone when I was seven or eight, so a Brighton fan was born. BTID!

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Went to the goldstone for my first game in 96 made a few journeys to gillingham!

Unfortunately haven't really been in a position where I can afford a season ticket but last three years my dad and grandad have managed to get one so share that really and go when I can as work Saturday's :(

Have been Brighton for as long as I can remember although I did like Chelsea circa mourinho, lampard etc as they were exciting to watch, and I'll be honest and say I'll always like Chelsea but nothing can take away love for the Albion,

No, I grew up in a town 10 miles outside Cardiff, My dad took me to Ninian Park when I was 5 (1973) and I got hooked on Football.
We moved to Cheam in 1978 but thankfully never went to Selhurst and opted for Plough Lane to see Wimbledon.
Moved to Sussex, dads home county, in 1980 and started going to The Goldstone and Brighton became my team.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Love it. That is a real 'road to Damascus' moment!
It did help that Chelsea lost! Also I'm pretty sure it was my only Chelsea game that season (making me both a plastic and a gloryhunter) whereas I'd pretty much been a regular at the Goldstone as it was the season we finished runners-up to Aston Villa.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No, as a nipper I was into Liverpool, but fortunately I was taken to the Goldstone at about 8years old and that was enough to turn me!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Some of you will love and understand this others will just abuse, feel free to join either queue:

1968 - 79 Brighton (Fairly regular home and away 74-79)
79 - 92 (In Army travelling around so still looked out for the result but watched on a regular basis Werder Bremen 2 seasons, Hamburg 1 season, Watford 3 seasons, Cheltenham 2 seasons)
92-99 (Wilderness years, returned to Horsham and just didn't get back into The Albion, watched Horsham and travelled all around London watching the odd game here and there, inc Albion and EVEN many a Palace game including a Play Off Final or Two!)
'99 Had finished my dirty affairs with English and European Football Clubs and my one true love forgave me as I became a season ticket holder at Withdean 1999-2011, now both boys have Amex STs with me and we just don't discuss the murky, sordid, dirty affairs of the past.

Let the abuse commence!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Parents didn't like football, aunty went out with a Spurs player, so Spurs was my team until I started going to Brighton as a teanager, and been albion ever since.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Family move to brighton in 1984 when I'm 2yrs old. Family support spurs, but I rebel from a very young age and support villa (i liked their colours :D). although I went to the goldstone a few times as a kid, I wasn't a fan. In 2004 after watching the play off semi finals i'd converted and managed to convert my brother from spurs. Never looked back. Have been to loads of games since that day, mostly away.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I have never had another team but for many years I just liked football without a real team except England. I was about 12 in 1999 when my dad (a spurs fan) took me to Withdean as he wanted to go now they were back in Brighton and I started to follow results etc after that but it was probably only when I discovered internet message boards in about 2002/3 that I really became a fan. I started going semi reguarly a few years later.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I got taken to the Goldstone by a family friend and his son, who had been an Albion fan all his life. My first game was standing at the front of the West stand, with the waft of pipe and cigarette smoke drifting over my head. This experience of thousands of people gathered together was the first time I'd ever been in such a crowd. The year was 1976 and the game was Millwall. I was totally hooked, and until I was allowed to go on my own, I stayed going with the family friend, even though his own son lost interest. I was seven years old at the time.

Attachments

• Brighton v Millwall 1976.png
    Brighton v Millwall 1976.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 161

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I started off as a Newcastle fan but I have never seen a game but I finally got to my first game in 2009 because my family weren't big fans of football, but that 1st match got me hooked on going to games, it's much better than watching on tv, I must say! :albion2:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I moved here for family reasons when I was 10 from Leeds and started to get an interest as my local tean. Moved back up there for work as a 19 year old and got a season ticket for my team Sunderland for about 5 years. Moved back down here last year with work and decided that I would get a ticket in the new ground regardless of the league, went to as many teams as i could last season and was elated they went up as I already had a ticket

Lying Northern b**tard!

You used to relentlessly take the mickey out of me for supporting the Albion, but now we are relatively successful you jump on the bandwagon! Bloody JCL!! ;)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Since the age of 5 and my first game at my local team. As most kids - did have brief flirtation with West Ham (dad's local team) and appreciate Spurs football but not a fan of.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
No I always supported Chelsea but could never afford to go, then 1 year some mates of mine suggested getting a st for the Albion . I have never looked back although I still follow Chelsea but consider myself and my son to be loyal home and away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here