Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you always been an Albion fan

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Call me what you want but I have connection's in East Ham so West Ham was my local team to support but since moving down south many years ago. I converted to the Albion, Although West ham I've always kept eye on their result's and had an Interest. NOTE. I adopted Albion as my team and been doing so for many years.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Lying Northern b**tard!

You used to relentlessly take the mickey out of me for supporting the Albion, but now we are relatively successful you jump on the bandwagon! Bloody JCL!! ;)

Get back to eating Batches (whatever they are) and going up the 'Cov you midlands tw**!

I will send you a picture of the Leeds game tonight if you want, as you hang out in your dodgy hotel room ;)

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Get back to eating Batches (whatever they are) and going up the 'Cov you midlands tw**!

I will send you a picture of the Leeds game tonight if you want, as you hang out in your dodgy hotel room ;)

Haha I managed to rearrange the trip so will be watching tonight after all!

Bringing 4 or 5 Cov supporting mates down to the Amex in November so we will have to grab a beer beforehand

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
when i was very young i didn't support anyone i just enjoyed watching football, my dad worked for radio sussex / southern counties so i used to listen to that thinking i was listening to him - and as a result i heard the commentary of the brighton games. i have random memories of moments like the mayo OG against hereford - and the storer goal at the goldstone. I asked my dad to take me with him the next year, when we were exiled at priestfield - think i was 9. sat in the cold on top of the old press box there because it was full inside and watched us get tonked 3-0 by Barnet. thats when i decided i was a brighton fan.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Had no choice, literally from when I was born my Parents brainwashed me to being BHA, thinking back now to kickabouts when I pretended to be Rod Thomas or Jeff Minter. All the other kids supported a team in a distant 'Premier Division' that I had heard stories about, when I was running around aged 5 at School with my Brighton bag they had no idea what league we were in. The times we suffered makes now feel so much better. I will bleed blue and white forever.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
When i was 5 i had a Perishers T shirt that if worn back to front looked like the arsenal kit. When i was 7 my auntie got me a Liverpool kit for my birthday as she was a scouser then when i was 11 i went to my first game at the goldstone, and that was 25 years ago. What is really lucky though is for the first 7 years of my life i lived in Elthamso thank fcuk no one ever got me a Palarse kit:albion2:

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Yes. Saw my first game for my 6th birthday and have supported only the Albion ever since.
It certainly gives you a phlegmatic, down-to-earth perspective on football supporting.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Haha I managed to rearrange the trip so will be watching tonight after all!

Bringing 4 or 5 Cov supporting mates down to the Amex in November so we will have to grab a beer beforehand

It best be more than 1, if there is on thing that this dirty norther bas***** can do, its have a few pints before a game! Which game you looking at?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Didn't start supporting the Albion until my mid 20s. Used to stand on the North Bank with my mates from South London where I grew up watching the Arse. Started following the Albion when Highbury went all seater as put roots down in Brighton after moving. Children born here one in Brighton and one at home in Hove. Both boys chose the Albion at an early age even when their mates were all supporting the usual suspects so they are now in the family stand with me and loving it!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
It best be more than 1, if there is on thing that this dirty norther bas***** can do, its have a few pints before a game! Which game you looking at?

The Cov game mate! Coming down for the weekend to show them the sights and sounds of Sussex!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No. Born in Solihull near Birmingham, and my Dad was a Blues fan, so I used to go to St. Andrews on a regular basis. (I saw Trevor Francis make his debut, 'twas the side of Bob Hatton, Bob and Dave Latchford, Gordon Taylor and of Hugh Johns on the TV on a Sunday lunchtime.)

We moved to Sussex in 1971 when I was 10, and whilst I continued to look out for their results due to the distance, my interest waned in Birmigham City. When I was about 13 or 14 I went along to the Goldstone with a few friends from School. We used to go down on the bus from Horsham station.

Whether it was the day out with mates or the football that got me hooked I'm not sure, but I was lucky enough to witness the Glory Years of the late 70s.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Had no choice, literally from when I was born my Parents brainwashed me to being BHA, thinking back now to kickabouts when I pretended to be Rod Thomas or Jeff Minter. All the other kids supported a team in a distant 'Premier Division' that I had heard stories about, when I was running around aged 5 at School with my Brighton bag they had no idea what league we were in. The times we suffered makes now feel so much better. I will bleed blue and white forever.

Glad to see I brought you up well!

I'm pleased those trips to Gillingham when you were about 5 or 6 were worth it!

See you Tuesday night!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm Brighton born and bred my dad took me to my first match when I was 6 he never took me again but it was enough to catch the Albion bug. Due to life and circumstances I didn't start going to matches home and away when I could shifts dictating til '99. Now I'm busy bringing up the next generation of Brighton fan I''m proud to say at 3yrs old my son can sing Sussex by sea! He has been to a match at the Amex and he loved it. We are going away to Ipswich next Sat his first away match he can't wait!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wasn't interested in football as a kid growing because my parents weren't. I was more into rugby cos of my size but after a poor tackle on my behalf and getting teeth knocked out I gave it up.

Ive also been a keen skater hockey player and dabbled in ice hockey through my early teens but it was then that I got a chance to sell programmes at the goldstone to cover for my cousin who was away on holiday (the match was spurs vs someone in an inter toto cup game) that I realised the goldstone was a special place so I chose to start following football and chose the Albion.

Blue and white il I die now, if the Albion had folded during the dark days I would've stopped following football altogether and probably gone back to ice hockey.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
since I was 14 and today I am 65
51 years of putting up with shite until Mr Mullery came along enjoyed that time immensely but now its all the Christmas's come at once and wherever I have lived I have tried to get to Albion games alas now my bones (and the rest of this body) will not allow that until I get a little closer to the heaven that is the Amex (falmer)

Both my boys are solid brighton! the eldest was handing out leaflets outside the goldstone at 2 years old! (WALK OUT PROTEST) Now season ticket holder!:thumbsup::clap2:

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 104
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 103

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Brighton born & bred, always Albion but I do take it as a compliment when others, for whatever reason, adopt Albion as their club too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here