Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have We Wrestled Back Control of Our City From the Premiership Plastics?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Today I have travelled the length and breadth of this fine city (well almost) and it's been BHA all the way, from young kids in Albion tops on North Street, to an old boy on a bicycle in a retro BHA ski hat to a builder stepping into his van sporting a BHA baseball cap, numerous parked cars with Albion window stickers, and the highlight - a father and two young sons all resplendent in Albion tops (home and away on show) playing 'jumpers for goalposts' on a field off Carden Avenue.

Sep 1, 2010
I was discussing this the other day, amazing that i now see such a large amount of the next generation in their Albion tops rather than the Hideous amount of Chelse* and Man Utd tops a few years back. Bloody Brilliant:albion2:

*chelsefc.co.uk

D

Deleted member 18477

Having a proper stadium and some recent success is the key.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
On Saturday in just 20 minutes saw 3 Brighton tops being worn in west Hove - and no other strips at all. I thought exactly the same thing.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Went to a local junior school family day recently and at same time the kids had a football training session......6 of the 10 kids involved had Brighton kits on! My girlfriends lad goes to Newman and says most of the kids are now Brighton! Great to see after all the years of seeing youngsters wearing Chelsea or Man Utd around town.
PS...Girlfriends lad has now seen the light of supporting your local side!

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I work at a kids play area where i have in the last week met and chatted with both El Abd and Ankergren who both are very friendly and willing to chat.
But the point i come on to say is loads of kids in Brighton tops you do get the odd one with a chelsea, man utd but its about 90% brighton when see football shirts being worn by the kids and its not always boys as well see loads of girls with the pink tops, the club has done so well to get a young following for the albion as these the ones we mostly need for the future of our club.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
This effect will only increase, after all the majority of kids end(ed) up supporting Premier League sides because all their friends do, so now if most of the kids convert to Albion, the rest will follow suit! :albion: :bhasign:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Threads like this make me GENUINLY happy :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Today I have travelled the length and breadth of this fine city (well almost) and it's been BHA all the way, from young kids in Albion tops on North Street, to an old boy on a bicycle in a retro BHA ski hat to a builder stepping into his van sporting a BHA baseball cap, numerous parked cars with Albion window stickers, and the highlight - a father and two young sons all resplendent in Albion tops (home and away on show) playing 'jumpers for goalposts' on a field off Carden Avenue.

All down to one man , he`s a f***ing legend in this city is that Tony Bloom:salute::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and it aint just Brighton - far from it. Albion all over Sussex - even more so now.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Even out in other sussex towns its working. There are far more Albion tops being sported by kids of all ages. In our local park there is a Saturday morning football club. About 50 kids ages 4 - 8. Few years back you would have been lucky to see more than one. Now there are at least 10 -15 Albion tops.

Big respect for the clubs vision for Gullys Gang during the past few years - its worked a treat
Nothing like success and a new stadium to help also.

We might have lost one generation but we are certainly winning another round. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here