Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

have we sadly seen the last of uncle spielberg?

when if ever will he be back?

• this afternoon: to denounce this thread!

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • within a week: he's had more retirements tahn elton john

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • nope, he's a man of his word (two weeks at most)

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • we'll never see the likes of US again

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • before the end of the jumop season

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
they were "puns" as explained at the time.

I suppose if you assume people take a pun like " reigning someone in" as a joke like " off to the superglue factory" , then I am as guilty as charged.
I suppose there is a slight difference but it was pretty obvious from numerous poss that US wasn't happy with anyone making any kind of joke, pun or or otherwise, or comment like Bakesy's about the soldiers killed in Iraq, so I don't really see that there is a massive difference between the comments that you made and anoyne elses.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lokki 7 said:
Erm... with respect yes you are. On this thread and others you have said people should not be cracking these jokes as they are disrespectful and that NSC is full of idiots dragging down the quality of the board. I will find the quotes if you really want me to. I don't have a problem with that, it makes for good debate. It was LI's quip that I was answering.

Again I'm not judging anyone, I just understood someones reaction to the jokes yesterday about something that was meaningful to someone!! I like the debates on here - I always have - its been a great place for it and will continue to be - but I do think that the personal banter has increased to the point that someone got upset - thats all?

But I guess I'm not being understood... Sorry!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? (I do hope no more animals die in the near future...):wave: :wave:
Absolutely not. My theory is that now we're doing ok at that football lark we have to find other things to argue about.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wouldn't mind having seen the last of his ctrl c, ctrl v film reviews, but, i hope, he can prevent the potential harm that strangers can deliver to his remorse by making poor puns in animal death.
As a child, i used to love Jonny Weismuller. Not in a gay way with a fascination for beast and small shorts and vines to be swung upon. Just i liked Tarzan and ancient shots of elephants in anger. And how he had a son called Boy and a saucy wife who was even obedient in the wild. Now, at that time or even now a comical joust at his death wouldn't and hasn't stained my confidence or will to feel.
I can't tell the Uncle to not get hurt in an identical way or that my way is the best, but i do wish he'd be more vocal in his cries for help instead of the self-made screams of assault.

Silent Bob said:
Half of the jokes that kicked it all off were made by you!

They might well have been, but some people stop when they realise they might have caused offence - that's the crucial difference.

Anyway, enough moralising by me, off to pick up my daughter at nursery, her playground is nicer than this one I hope :D

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Is that a request?
Yes! Obviously not just me though! Do 5000 posts and then give it a rest for six months and let somebody else get a word in edgeways. After 6 months you can come back and make another 5000 posts before getting banned again. Some people would go several years before getting exiled whereas others will get chucked off quite regularly.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
I'm sure that's true, you both come across as hearty fellows on here. But baiting Gareth when he made it perfectly clear he wasn't appreciating it falls under the category of going too far. Would be a nice touch if you put a lid on it now and extended the olive branch to our beloved tipster and got him back on here.

I'm trying so hard not to rip the piss out of that post it is killing me.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The problem with this place at the moment is that the Albion are playing well.

Albion good = NSC shit

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Commander said:

Albion good = NSC shit
I feel bad if anyone's genuinely hurt (can they REALLY be?) but I haven't laughed as much at something on in ages and ages as I have reading some of the stuff over what will go down in NSC history as DESSIEGATE.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
I feel bad if anyone's genuinely hurt (can they REALLY be?) but I haven't laughed as much at something on in ages and ages as I have reading some of the stuff over what will go down in NSC history as DESSIEGATE.

Sorry but I have to agree there, I found that thread highly amusing but not in a malicious way.

Commander said:

Albion good = NSC shit

:lolol:

When we were playing shite that was quoted as the reason NSC was shite at the time. Probably both correct. Bloody Albion :angry:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He'll be back. Give it a couple of weeks/months, and there'll be some film thread, the dog will see the rabbit and away we go.

There is the odd occasion I get heartily sick of NSC - but surely the way to do it is just slink away and don't post for a while. You don't need to announce the decision up in neon lights.

BTW, that other thread was closed way too soon. But I'm the last one to stirrup any more controversy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
On numerous occassions on NSC I have seen people mention their birds only for others to say they will f*** her/she is probably getting f***ed by someone else etc...and nobody batters an eyelid. The thing is that may be upsetting for that person but why should anyone else really care, I wouldn't expect them to. Its like a Mum joke, you just take it and give shit back.

A death in the family or something of that nature is different, but someone getting in a state over a few jokes about a dead horse that lead a decent life and wasn't anything approaching being their horse is well over the top.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Irish said:
I'm sure that's true, you both come across as hearty fellows on here. But baiting Gareth when he made it perfectly clear he wasn't appreciating it falls under the category of going too far. Would be a nice touch if you put a lid on it now and extended the olive branch to our beloved tipster and got him back on here.

you're right LI.

if he comes back i'll be the first to offer him a sugar cube and a pat on the nose don't you worry:)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
afters said:
you're right LI.

if he comes back i'll be the first to offer him a sugar cube and a pat on the nose don't you worry:)

Maybe a carrot as well? And some nice hay.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brings a whole new meaning to the expression 'Put Down'.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Is that a request?
You bastard! :D

I demand you reduce my post count back to 4100. I don't want people thinking I'm some saddo with 5000+ posts to my name!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here