Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we had a more tiresome bunch of visiting fans than FCUM?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Good luck to the FCUM.Pity the cup dream ends at Withdean,enjoy your day.Seagulls,treat those in our end with respect and lets not be hypocrites. loads of us rely on the backup plan of tickets in the home end(PLEASE dont give me bollox about ground regs).
We practically invented the Anarchists' Guide To Football Rebellion.FCUM and AFC represent the fate we expected for ourselves.
A football club only dies if the fans give up on them.They have taken the ultimate step to keep their dream alive.

mickthered

Nov 18, 2010
Good luck to the FCUM.Pity the cup dream ends at Withdean,enjoy your day.Seagulls,treat those in our end with respect and lets not be hypocrites. loads of us rely on the backup plan of tickets in the home end(PLEASE dont give me bollox about ground regs).
We practically invented the Anarchists' Guide To Football Rebellion.FCUM and AFC represent the fate we expected for ourselves.
A football club only dies if the fans give up on them.They have taken the ultimate step to keep their dream alive.

Expected to beat Radcliffe and also Gainsborough thought Norton would have gave us a trickier game an outside chance against Barrow didn't expect anything against Rochdale so anything after Barrow is a bonus just expecting a good day out on Saturday and that will do just getting this far has surpassed most peoples expections already and has give a good financial bonus which will go a long way towards the builing of our new ground

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I'd still like to know exactly why FCUM haven't received their fair entitlement of tickets. Surely it can't be because of a pitch invasion after a cup upset, this has happened countless times over the years without the clubs concerned having their allocation slashed for the next round. We'd rightly be hacked off if it happened to us. Good luck to the Mancs I say.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I still dont GET what FCUM are all about, had this discussion with a few people and they are all abit miffed about the whole thing, heres how I see it:

1 - Fans get pissed off with winning every match & trophy going and get despressed when they lose a match.
2 - They look for a scapegoat and chose the owners.
3 - Instead of fighting for their club they throw their toys out the pram and start a new one.
4 - They state their giving football back to the fans when in reality its obvious they want success, not much point to the whole thing if not, I mean why follow a football team that has no progression?! pointless!

Also why do they play in red? why not the Green/Yellow?

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Most of their fans have been fine on the threads, one or two antagonistic. A good many Albion fans have been offensive, too, from the word go.

They are (rightly imo) annoyed that they will receive less than is generally accepted and sanctioned by the FA in terms of the number of tickets. Less than Woking had. That it is their biggest ever game adds to the diappointment. If this happened to us we'd be annoyed too. As would fans of every club in the country.

monk

Nov 7, 2010
salford
Well I got my ticket For the game in our fc end and promtly gave it to a lady I know who goes to every fc match home and away but could not get a ticket. I am travelling down on Saturday with fc and hopefully i will get a ticket and enjoy the game from inside the ground. If I don't get a ticket please don't think me a tiresome hooligan hanging about your ground looking for trouble cos fc fans aren't like that. We have a few whinging gits but you have to remember our average fan age is about 40 years old. I hope you Brighton fans only judge us after you have met us. We want to share a great fa cup day with you and enjoy it with you not despite you . A nd may the best team win

mickthered

Nov 18, 2010
I still dont GET what FCUM are all about, had this discussion with a few people and they are all abit miffed about the whole thing, heres how I see it:

1 - Fans get pissed off with winning every match & trophy going and get despressed when they lose a match.
2 - They look for a scapegoat and chose the owners.
3 - Instead of fighting for their club they throw their toys out the pram and start a new one.
4 - They state their giving football back to the fans when in reality its obvious they want success, not much point to the whole thing if not, I mean why follow a football team that has no progression?! pointless!

Also why do they play in red? why not the Green/Yellow?

Some get it
Some don't
And after 5 years I have learnt that some are not even worth the effort

Anyone got any genuine questions then I will attempt to answer them

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think the argument about not fighting to save their club is a bit harsh to be honest. I think the circumstance/situation is very different. Is it really realistic to expect them to cause the chaos we did? Affordable football on a Saturday afternoon with players not on stupid wages etc. Man Utd would have gone into freefall through the leagues wouldn't they! You often here about Prem fans who have had enough and go and support their local side instead. Could argue why not support one of the lower league sides in the area but I guess doing it this way helps them feel they still have their club. I imagine I'd rather support an AFC Brighton for example than Lewes as I'd not really feel connected to Lewes :/

mickthered

Nov 18, 2010
Why don't you just support Bury FC?

Why support a club we have no affiliation with apart from share a ground with how do you think Bury fans would feel if a couple of thousand supporters from another club turned up at their games the same with any other non league or local club

One of the reasons the club was formed was that many vowed to starve the Glazers of money by not going to OT many of these people would have drifted off and would have been lost to football at least the formation of FC gave us a club of our own

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Why don't you just support Bury FC?

I asked this question when I interviewed some FCUM members earlier in the year:

Why did you make the decision to form a new club rather than looking to go and watch the likes of Rochdale, Bury or Oldham who were already locally established clubs in the area? One of the main aims of FC United was to keep together those supporters who were not prepared to fund the Glazers. Having been ‘taken over’ ourselves we could hardly do the same by arriving en-masse at another club demanding our own way. And besides none of them would be “ours” and we would not feel any connection with any of them. Creating our own club gives s that connection, something to feel part of, something to own and run, and something to celebrate.

You can read the full interview HERE.

manctofu

Nov 18, 2010
We get asked this a lot. It's very simple for me: I'm not from Rochdale, Bury, Oldham or Stockport: I'm a Mancunian. So why would I feel any affinity to those teams? We only play in Bury because we're sharing their ground - our own ground is being built in Manchester. In any case, we wanted our own club. Turning up and taking over someone else' club would have been a terrible thing to do, the opposite of what we were about.

It's funny how we used to get told 'none of you are from Manchester' - now we get asked why we didn't support a team from outside Manchester.
We used to get flak for supporting a financial monster of a club - and now that we've walked away, we get told we're disloyal.

We're not perfect, of course, but a lot of the criticisms thrown our way are based on nothing more than blind hatred of Man. United. This is to be expected given our origins, but it makes me laugh how some people act as though they're the first person to think of these questions. We've been answering them for five years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have we had a more tiresome bunch of visiting fans than FCUM?

I'm starting to think the same about Albion supporters. This site is getting very boring.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

It's funny how we used to get told 'none of you are from Manchester' - now we get asked why we didn't support a team from outside Manchester.

We used to get flak for supporting a financial monster of a club - and now that we've walked away, we get told we're disloyal.

Two very good points! I was a bit pissed off on Friday with some of your more gobby fans who were just typical, arrogant 'Manchester United' fans with no knowledge or interest of the problems and history of any club outside their own - but I've calmed down a bit now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Some get it
Some don't
And after 5 years I have learnt that some are not even worth the effort

Anyone got any genuine questions then I will attempt to answer them

ok then, why dont Man Utd fans "Get You" either?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here