Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we had a more tiresome bunch of visiting fans than FCUM?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
with 23,000 posts surely you would've noticed long ago that NSC bodes some of the most bizarre BHA fans on the planet? no? :thumbsup:

Well, yes. But this site is currently plumbing new depths in my opinion. And it is embarrassing. Some posters are just being twats, for others there is an obvious agenda. And it's not just this thread either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because i hate the way Man Utd are ran by the Glazer family, I don't hate the club itself. All i have done is withdraw my financial support for the club and started to watch FC United. Slowly i have become more and more passionate about FC United and resigned myself to the fact that the only people that could ever purchase Man Utd now are business men who are purely thare for financial gain and who will show the same disregard for the fans as the Glazer family do.

Again I understand that, but surely all clubs , apart from a very small minority are run by big businessmen as they are the only ones that have the money. Manchester United, arguable the biggest and best club in England had to finance the new stand at OT? buy players like Rooney, Berbatov, Ronaldo and therefore , logically you cant get these players on fans entrance fees and replica shirts alone, you have to have investment from busnessmen....Liverpool and United have found out that taking the Devil's shilling has its downside.

We are very fortunate in that we have a businessman who is prepared to put in a vast sum of money. If it wasn't for these guys, football would die ...that is the reality. It would be great to go back to the 30's when clubs were locally supported and funded. Trouble is time has moved on and if you want to be sucessful, you have to go cap in hand to the money lenders.

we need a winger and if we want to buy one, we have to approach the board to finance it - our board are all businessmen....we have no money, we are losing hand over fist at Withdean. That unfortunately is the reality of football these days. You have chosen to opt out of it to a degree, but all the time football is how it is, the likes of Man United and Liverpool will always survive as there is always rich businessmen wanting to be seen as a benefactor. Look at Blackburn....they have nothing going for them , yet some indian food giant decides that they are worth buying.....very odd

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, yes. But this site is currently plumbing new depths in my opinion. And it is embarrassing. Some posters are just being twats, for others there is an obvious agenda. And it's not just this thread either.

Oi we are having an interesting discussion...Butt out

Tom V

Nov 19, 2010
Again I understand that, but surely all clubs , apart from a very small minority are run by big businessmen as they are the only ones that have the money. Manchester United, arguable the biggest and best club in England had to finance the new stand at OT? buy players like Rooney, Berbatov, Ronaldo and therefore , logically you cant get these players on fans entrance fees and replica shirts alone, you have to have investment from busnessmen....Liverpool and United have found out that taking the Devil's shilling has its downside.

We are very fortunate in that we have a businessman who is prepared to put in a vast sum of money. If it wasn't for these guys, football would die ...that is the reality. It would be great to go back to the 30's when clubs were locally supported and funded. Trouble is time has moved on and if you want to be sucessful, you have to go cap in hand to the money lenders.

we need a winger and if we want to buy one, we have to approach the board to finance it - our board are all businessmen....we have no money, we are losing hand over fist at Withdean. That unfortunately is the reality of football these days. You have chosen to opt out of it to a degree, but all the time football is how it is, the likes of Man United and Liverpool will always survive as there is always rich businessmen wanting to be seen as a benefactor. Look at Blackburn....they have nothing going for them , yet some indian food giant decides that they are worth buying.....very odd

I did actually state that the English game should be more like it is in Germany and not purely by fans, although there are clubs completely owned by the fans that are equally as successful in other countries. The 50+1 rule in Germany ensures that fans will always have a majority share in their club with the other 49% of the shares allowing for significant investment from a rich business man.

Look how successful Bayern Munich are and that shows that with a large fan base and the right investment it can work very well.

Then you have Barcelona who are owned purely by the fans. They are probably the best team on the planet. They whore themselves to the TV companies though and that is why they are mega rich

I know they are 2 of the extreme successes but even they had to start somewhere, they werent given the best players and stadiums and all the money from day 1 were they?

I dont think anyone could ever emulate what them 2 clubs have achieved in the last 50 years but its a good goal to aim for no matter how small we are now. We can always grow and try to be the best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here