Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we ever gone into a derby game with so many injuries?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I cannot think of a bigger injury list ever, for such a vital game.

Probably go and win it now:lol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That would be awesome. Here's hoping. Sooner or later something has got to go right for us on the pitch.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's amazing how injuries always take longer to get over when the team arnt doing well, so much easier to sit it out than stand up and be counted. Barring Greer/El Abd and a few others, we have got a team of lightweights.........Anyway I'm quite happy to see a midfield four of --Lualua---Bridcutt---Caskey---Buckley--....personally I think that may be as good a midfield four as you could pick.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Not to mention we've had an extra day to recover

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A game against Southampton is not a derby.

Definitely this - it's 67 miles away!

Walsall played Sheffield Weds on Boxing Day - Walsall is about the same distance from Sheffield as Southampton is from Brighton but you'd have have got some very strange looks from Weds fans if you'd called it a derby game.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I fancy us to get something out of tomorrow. Our luck has to change soon. I'd like to see KLL start.

Do me a favour, to have a change of luck.You have to be doing something right in the first place. There is nothing unlucky about dropping Buckley/Lualua etc and picking Harley/Navarro/Paynter....That's nothing to do with luck, that is rank bad team selection and not picking you best side. In fact I don't think Poyet has a clue what his best side is. Because mine would involve at least one of two match winners (Lualua/Buckley) every time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Do me a favour, to have a change of luck.You have to be doing something right in the first place. There is nothing unlucky about dropping Buckley/Lualua etc and picking Harley/Navarro/Paynter....That's nothing to do with luck, that is rank bad team selection and not picking you best side. In fact I don't think Poyet has a clue what his best side is. Because mine would involve at least one of two match winners (Lualua/Buckley) every time.

Fair comment. I think we will see a reaction though, we certainly need to.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I fancy us to get something out of tomorrow. Our luck has to change soon. I'd like to see KLL start.

Lua Lua and Buckley both started at reading and we only started to look like a threat when Noone came on. Sadly that isn't going to be an option tomorrow. The leagues top side against our depleted injury hit/suspension filled team, I try to remain optimistic but can only see one result tomorrow. We are going to get battered.

Lua Lua and Buckley both started at reading and we only started to look like a threat when Noone came on. Sadly that isn't going to be an option tomorrow. The leagues top side against our depleted injury hit/suspension filled team, I try to remain optimistic but can only see one result tomorrow. We are going to get battered.

That they sit as the top side is immaterial really. They've lost a few of late, and with a side that hasn't been improved upon since last season when we topped the division.

Not that it gives us any more right to beat them - we appear to have made our squad worse since then, diluting it with some dodgy loans and losing a couple of our more successful players who did the business last season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The pressure is all on Southampton tomorrow because we are the underdogs for once. If I had any vCash left I would have lumped it all on a Brighton victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here