Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Brighton only got white fans?

Dandyman

In London village.
Coventry is a multi racial city but not many go to the Ricoh. I find that people from ethnic communities who are into football tend to support the big four. I have found that Liverpool are the most popular amongst asians up here.

According to the 2001 Census Brighton & Hove is 94.25% White (British/Irish/Other) so the small number of non-White fans is not suprising. That said the non-white friends I went with in the 1970's were mixed-race (1.9% of the B&H population in 2001) rather than "purely" Asian (1.8%) or Black (0.8%).

Up here in London village I'd say Spurs and Arsenal both have significant numbers of non-white fans.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
what i mean is:

this f***ing ridiculous hand wringing over whether ethnic minorities are under represented at football is beneath contempt. Football is at the more extreme end of british culture for starters, and has up until recently never been for the faint hearted regardless of their origin.

Secondly these attitudes perpetuate the myth that ethnic minorities are under constant attack from thick white people, encourage misplaced senses of grievance and are counterproductive for those of us who live with multiculturalism every day.

When I read some of the ill informed f***ing shit written by people whos primary concern is how liberal they appear to complete f***ing strangers on the internet, it makes my blood boil. They dont see multiculturalism in Hanover, only out the train window on the way out of Victoria or London Bridge, let alone deal with it in any proper sense. Yet they seem to be the experts.

Racist abuse. I live in SE London and I have lost count of the amount of times me and people I know have been subject to a barrage of racist abuse from black people at the slightest perceived slight. Of course most decent people would not dream of doing that, but where multiculturalism is at its rawest, it happens regularly and is almost expected when you perhaps cut in front of someone in graffic, bump into someone in a bus queue etc etc, you brace yourself for the sheer agression and the 'white cu nt' abuse that immediately follows on many occassions.

So my point is everyone is capable of racism, football has always attracted thick wankers, and has been reknowned for having a problem with racism. But this constant obsession with race and patronising clueless attitudes (that seem to be very prominent on here) to bless them the nice brown people who need their hands held, then everyone is held back, and divisions entrenched.

Do you reckon the Spanish give a f*** how many British expats on the Costas go to bullfights?
top post , articulated very well.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So my point is everyone is capable of racism, football has always attracted thick wankers, and has been reknowned for having a problem with racism. But this constant obsession with race and patronising clueless attitudes (that seem to be very prominent on here) to bless them the nice brown people who need their hands held, then everyone is held back, and divisions entrenched.

There is an unhealthy obsession with race on here - that is for sure.

In the past I have wondered whether NSC would be less obsessed if we had a more multi-racial support. Do people who apparently think certain terms are ok use them in conversation - would they use them in a more multi-racial environment - either on here or at the ground. Would it make people stop and think before making asinine generalisations based on the colour of skin. Is it ignorance - or do some people have a NSC personna that bears no relation to their public face. I have no idea.

What is also odd is that I do not recognise the "prominent attitude" on here that you see as prominent. More prominent to me is the attitude of grown men acting like teenage boys (apologies to any teenage lads on here) posting stuff in a lame attempt to shock. Then having got the reaction they wanted making rolling out the usual tired old cliches. Race is not a major factor in my life (you may be thinking well he lives in Steyning) primarily as I try to treat everyone with the same respect that I like to be treated with. The colour of someones skin is not of great importance to me.

Do you reckon the Spanish give a f*** how many British expats on the Costas go to bullfights?

I have no idea what the Spanish give a f*** about.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Doozsom peeples gonna die :afro: proof honkies look daft with a afro,so leave it to the proffesionals (bodie being the exception)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Me Jamaican mate Patrick has been to Withdean a fair old number of times. He loves watching the Albion and holds a possibly unique 100% record of never having seen us lose. I'd get him along more often except his missus tries to discourage it cos he always ends up seriously pissed at The Brewery Tap :lol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
what i mean is:

this f***ing ridiculous hand wringing over whether ethnic minorities are under represented at football is beneath contempt. Football is at the more extreme end of british culture for starters, and has up until recently never been for the faint hearted regardless of their origin.

Secondly these attitudes perpetuate the myth that ethnic minorities are under constant attack from thick white people, encourage misplaced senses of grievance and are counterproductive for those of us who live with multiculturalism every day.

When I read some of the ill informed f***ing shit written by people whos primary concern is how liberal they appear to complete f***ing strangers on the internet, it makes my blood boil. They dont see multiculturalism in Hanover, only out the train window on the way out of Victoria or London Bridge, let alone deal with it in any proper sense. Yet they seem to be the experts.

Racist abuse. I live in SE London and I have lost count of the amount of times me and people I know have been subject to a barrage of racist abuse from black people at the slightest perceived slight. Of course most decent people would not dream of doing that, but where multiculturalism is at its rawest, it happens regularly and is almost expected when you perhaps cut in front of someone in graffic, bump into someone in a bus queue etc etc, you brace yourself for the sheer agression and the 'white cu nt' abuse that immediately follows on many occassions.

That was worth five minutes of my time.Great post especially the one i have highlighted.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here