Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Brighton only got white fans?

Mar 9, 2008
It's an issue in the country still I think, but it's definitely changing, especially in London.

I've taken a black mate to a few away games and sadly the only time he received racist abuse was from Brighton fans away at Brentford.

Luckily he didn't hear it.

That was actually the last time I heard racial abuse from albion fans and it was directed at our own players!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Never really thought about this one until I took a black friend of mine to the Withdean and he pointed out that he was the only one. I can honestly say I'd never in 25 years of watching them even thought about it. Don't think there's any particular racism amongst fans any more just that for whatever reason there's not many blacks going to the footie down here.

Does anyone remember that game a few years back (at Colchester I think) where a couple of neandertals started a racist chant and were quickly silenced by the rest of the away end - marvellous scenes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mendoza has a nice tan.

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Call me racist but I would not feel comfortable standing next to a black bloke or a Pakistani watching football.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Call me racist but I would not feel comfortable standing next to a black bloke or a Pakistani watching football.

PS

Given your views.

I expect a black, pakistani or white bloke, would also not feel comfotable standing next to you at the football? ???

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

So if you are at a sporting event, watching teams with black players, and a black person stands next to you it will make you feel uncomfortable. You need psychological help.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Presumably an Indian or Bangladeshi (or someone with that heritage) would be ok though?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

That's because you'd all probably be told to sit down by the Withdean stewards.

I'd have thought the particular skin tone of a supporter is probably highly inconsequential in the current weather conditions, seeing as most of it is being kept very firmly under several layers of clothing.

Besides, I've always considered myself blue and white rather than just white.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its offputting when a black guy is taking a piss in the urinals because they are standing a foot further away from it than me.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
PS

Would you stand next to this black bloke at the football!! ???

Attachments

• cass_dyer.jpg
    cass_dyer.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 290

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here