Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have all albums this year from established bands been SHIT?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's amazing isn't it that any thread about music tends to turn into a 'I like cooler music that you' thread, irrespective of the actual subject :US:

Bands that have bucked the trend this year (I know, off topic!):

Prodigy
Kasabian
Muse (in my opinion)
Franz Ferdinand

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To get back on topic..

U2 - new album is nothing special...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Agree with MAX, The Big Pink's album is the best of the year. The Arctic Monkey's is a grower i'd say.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
First listen of the Arctic Monkeys' new one today, sounds quality to my ears. Couldn't stand the first album, really good second album, seem to be maturing into a quality rock band.

Muse - Just stop it. Absolution was a fantastic album, they've become an overblown joke now. Queen tribute act. They didn't seem to realise that with the brilliant Absolution, that was as epic as they could go without falling into parody. They've fallen into parody. I can't listen to their new album without laughing.

Silversun Pickups are good.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Muse - Just stop it. Absolution was a fantastic album, they've become an overblown joke now. Queen tribute act. They didn't seem to realise that with the brilliant Absolution, that was as epic as they could go without falling into parody. They've fallen into parody. I can't listen to their new album without laughing.

Translated as 'you liked Absolution, and don't like the fact that they have progressed since'. Even on the Muse fans message board there are many people who think that way, and they, as you are, are entitled to their opinion... but it's still not not a fact, just 1 person's opinion. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Translated as 'you liked Absolution, and don't like the fact that they have progressed since'. Even on the Muse fans message board there are many people who think that way, and they, as you are, are entitled to their opinion... but it's still not not a fact, just 1 person's opinion. :thumbsup:

My point is they HAVEN'T progressed. Absolution was the absolute limit for me in terms of histrionics. To go further they'd have to move into parody, and copying Queen. Which is what they have done. They sound SILLY now. Spinal Tap comes to mind at points.

They also seem to have run out of song ideas. The new songs are all the same chord progressions disguised by different production. Sorry if that marks me down as a muso.

Never said it was a fact. This thread is all just opinions. Mine is simply another.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Anyone come across the Silversun Pickups? Caught Panic Switch on Zane Lowe a few weeks ago. They don't seem to have caught on this side of the pond so far, but listen to this (sorry don't know how to stick the video below :blush:):

YouTube - Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch

yeah have been a fan for a few years, saw them at V-Fest in Toronto in 2008. The second album "Swoon" is excellent, however "Carnavas" has some good tracks on it too including the hit "Future Foe Scenarios"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here