Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have all albums this year from established bands been SHIT?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The Dandy Warhols recent release, 'The Dandy Warhols are Sound', which is a 'Director's Cut' of their, 'Welcome to the Monkey House', is a wee bit disappointing, as the re-mixes are not too different from the originals...

I expected whistles and bells, but only got a slow puncture

5/10

8ft_legs

Mar 2, 2009
Tun Wells
Anyone listened to the most recent release from Deadmau5? Not sure what exactlky its called. The first album 'random album title' is genius.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Anti-Flags album is pretty good, new Strung Out and AFI later this month so I'm optimistic!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Have given the Muse album a couple of listens and whilst it is technically excellent its just a bit boring. IMHO they've got a bit self indulgent.

For an old band who have put out a good new album try Chutzpah by The Wildhearts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Kingdom of Rust" from Doves was excellent

Probably the correct answer. Saw them yesterday, not familiar with the new album but the tracks from it last night sounded excellent. Will be buying the album tomorrow.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I really like the new Arctic Monkeys album, not as good as their first one though

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Agree totally about the first album, the fact that someone from Coventry is criticising The Enemy shows how bad it is, it would be like a Mancunian slagging off The Stone Roses.

Two of the Enemy have lived in Kenilworth all thier lives (and drink in the local boozer here). I was deeply dissapointed when I found this out. Some of their first Album is about living in shit holes and they have been writing these songs in the equivalent of Lewes. So much for Rock N Roll. The REALLY small one was drinking a HALF.

First Album : Quality
Second Album : Dogs Piss.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
The Cribs
The Maccabees
Simian Mobile Disco
Noah & The Whale

All released good albums this year. Rumble Strips' new effort was a big let-down though.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Two of the Enemy have lived in Kenilworth all thier lives (and drink in the local boozer here). I was deeply dissapointed when I found this out. Some of their first Album is about living in shit holes and they have been writing these songs in the equivalent of Lewes. So much for Rock N Roll. The REALLY small one was drinking a HALF.

First Album : Quality
Second Album : Dogs Piss.

Last seen eating a bag of chips outside the Colosseum night club in Cov. Hey thats rock and roll

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I LOVE Franmusik. :love: I saw him live first time before Keane at the Brighton Centre, and have seen him live again since, and am seeing him again in December. He is simply magnificently brilliant, and I'm glad I knew him before he was famous.

The new Scooter album is pretty damn special, that will be out in this country early next year I imagine. But it's out in Europe in 2 weeks! :ascarf:

That FrankMusik album is awwwful. His early EPs were good, but the album is overproduced shite. Oh and Keane are shit.
And Scooter?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The Cribs
The Maccabees
Simian Mobile Disco
Noah & The Whale

All released good albums this year. Rumble Strips' new effort was a big let-down though.

The Cribs new album is horrendous.
The Maccabees have lost their USP
Simians new album is HORRIFIC. Especially compared to ADSR
I'm not even going to take Noah and the Whale seriously.

You've got it all wrong.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Personally I like the new Muse album although as it sounds like Brian May jamming with Ultravox at times I can see why it might turn some people off!

On balance I think it has been a poor year for music although the La Roux and Florence and The Machine albums have been good.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Pearl Jam (from what I have heard to date).......looking a bit shitty

Don't believe all you hear!

The new Pearl Jam album a beautiful piece of work full of well crafted and thoughtful songs by Eddie Vedder & co...

Check out the acoustic soundtrack Eddie did for Sean Penns movie 'Into the Wild' for more quality choons...

I rekon in the days when Cobain is back in the news over some rights issues regarding a video game, Pearl Jam are cementing their place as the best Seattle band of the past two decades

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I can't understand all the hype about Elbow ?.. one moderately good single a little while back but now we are told they are the dogs sphericals.. I can't even remember the name of any other singles ?

Perhaps you're listening to the wrong radio stations?

As a point of reference, NME gave their first four albums 9/10.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
how have Kasabian been missed?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I LOVE Franmusik. :love: I saw him live first time before Keane at the Brighton Centre, and have seen him live again since, and am seeing him again in December. He is simply magnificently brilliant, and I'm glad I knew him before he was famous.

The new Scooter album is pretty damn special, that will be out in this country early next year I imagine. But it's out in Europe in 2 weeks! :ascarf:

You do realise this thread is about people who have released decent albums before but the current one's are shit don't you? None of what you have mentioned has ever been good.

how have Kasabian been missed?

Well they weren't on the original post because they new album is quite good (see above for explaination of this thread) and several people since have mentioned that the new album bucks the trend? How have you missed that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here