Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have all albums this year from established bands been SHIT?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oi I'm from Brighton I live in Coventry:D. The Enemy's reputation has suffered up here since the last album. Its a shame really as the first album was great. Their performance up here at the Ricoh supporting Oasis was a let down.

I'm from Brighton and live in Manchester :hammer:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does that make you a mancunian? :glare::lol:

My mum lives in a small village in Ireland, and she told the neighbours that I had moved up north and married a local MANCHURIAN. When I visited her for the first time there the neighbours were expecting my kids to be oriental looking, and were very confused!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
My mum lives in a small village in Ireland, and she told the neighbours that I had moved up north and married a local MANCHURIAN. When I visited her for the first time there the neighbours were expecting my kids to be oriental looking, and were very confused!

:lol:

Getting back to the Music. How many songs on The Enemy's album are rip offs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I saw Editors in San Fran last year and they were great, hope they can buck the trend of the last few albums I have bought.
nothing wrong with Humbug IMHO, just a young band growing up and although it lacks the novelty of American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown is far from being shit.
Hombre Loco by Eels is a stone cold classic, and for those who appreciate good honest hip-hop despite without getting all precious about where it comes from, The Hilltop Hoods have delivered once again. Last, and by no means least, Mozza delivered a superb album (and that's 3 in a row for him) in Years of Refusal at the start of the year - given your sign off I can't believe you didn't enjoy that one at least, "oh, something is squeezing my skull"

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Personally think the new Madness album is fantastic.... but then you can never go wrong with Suggs and co.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw Editors in San Fran last year and they were great, hope they can buck the trend of the last few albums I have bought.

I'm with you, Pres. I think it will be well worth buying

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I loved Placebos first 2 albums,since then they have steadily got worse,havnt heard the new one ,is it really shite?

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I agree the albums mentioned aren't great and let down the artists but then again other bands like Kasabian, and (although not a band) Jamie T new albums have excelled their previous.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Watched them "before they were famous" supporting Franz Ferdinand, and they completely stole the show. Were absolutely brilliant. Very much looking forward to the new album, as was a little disappointed by An End Has a Start.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't understand all the hype about Elbow ?.. one moderately good single a little while back but now we are told they are the dogs sphericals.. I can't even remember the name of any other singles ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't understand all the hype about Elbow ?.. one moderately good single a little while back but now we are told they are the dogs sphericals.. I can't even remember the name of any other singles ?

Asleep At The Back, The Seldom Seen Kid and Cast of Thousands are all TOP albums our kid.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I LOVE Franmusik. :love: I saw him live first time before Keane at the Brighton Centre, and have seen him live again since, and am seeing him again in December. He is simply magnificently brilliant, and I'm glad I knew him before he was famous.

The new Scooter album is pretty damn special, that will be out in this country early next year I imagine. But it's out in Europe in 2 weeks! :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here