Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has There Ever Been A More Rubbish Disjointed Season?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is slightly alarming that we will never have a boxing day home game ever again though

Hark now hear, the Brighton sing
the Palace run away
And we will sit at home with our feet up watching on green with envy at other teams playing in front of festive crowds
because of Boxing day.

We will have a home Boxing Day game in the future, although I'm not sure it will ever be palace. Trains likely to be impossible, but a bus service isn't out of the question.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We will have a home Boxing Day game in the future, although I'm not sure it will ever be palace. Trains likely to be impossible, but a bus service isn't out of the question.

So assume we have 30k at home, including away fans...you reckon the busses and car parking alone can cope with that?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It isn't the quality of the football that is failing to get results just the quality of the finishing.

Does not help when our manager gives away attacking players like Noone for a million or so, who has already scored more goals than Ashley Barnes this season .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So assume we have 30k at home, including away fans...you reckon the busses and car parking alone can cope with that?

No - it'll no doubt be a nightmare - but I think it'll be judged good enough for a match to go ahead. Doubt we'd get as many as 30K anyway, as a proportion of STs are away with family on that date.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Does not help when our manager gives away attacking players like Noone for a million or so, who has already scored more goals than Ashley Barnes this season .

if anyone ever "gives away" a million quid or so (actually reportedly it was £1.7m) in your direction I am sure you will jump to give it away as quickly as you jump to criticise the club.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
I wouldn't class either of them as rubbish. However, this season has the same feel as the last and similar results/performances. For me anyhow.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I enjoy the atmosphere of a Tuesday night game at the Amex. But for it come straight after a Saturday home game, I still think it blunts the excitement of home games a couple of weeks apart.

Looking at the fixture list, we have had 5 lots of games like that already with just another 1 pair to come, so that's a bit better :D Perhaps the season will flow better, unless we get more posponements.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bollocks, the club had over a year to sort this out.

How much do you think it would cost to provide all the transport for one day? How many buses and coaches would we need? Would it be possible to charter a train and how much would that cost?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How much do you think it would cost to provide all the transport for one day? How many buses and coaches would we need? Would it be possible to charter a train and how much would that cost?

The line is shut, so you'd have to hire signal workers, and station staff as well as a train and crew, and also arrange for no maintenance to be scheduled on that stretch of track. Too big a bill really.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Some interesting points bing made here,

I honestly believe the football is great and we're doing fantastically well as a club. It's just the lack of a solid 3pm kick off every week which is getting people down.. If that was sorted, morale would be up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The line is shut, so you'd have to hire signal workers, and station staff as well as a train and crew, and also arrange for no maintenance to be scheduled on that stretch of track. Too big a bill really.

I know, I was trying to be ironic and obviously failed.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blimey it's not like you to hijack a thread to have a pop at the manager most of us support.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Well they've said they are hopeful of holding Boxing Day games at the AMEX in the future - so they must have plans to arrange something.
Unless that was just a bare-faced lie?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well they've said they are hopeful of holding Boxing Day games at the AMEX in the future - so they must have plans to arrange something.
Unless that was just a bare-faced lie?

I think the operative word is "hopeful"

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
if anyone ever "gives away" a million quid or so (actually reportedly it was £1.7m) in your direction I am sure you will jump to give it away as quickly as you jump to criticise the club.

How much have palace turned down for zaha, how much did stains say chaimberlain was worth and how much did they get,we give players away don`t kid yourself,Noone was our only constantly fit winger and gus sold him for peanuts he obviously learnt nothing after letting judas go

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best not forget he's also scored two and a half times more goals than he scored for us ALL of last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because he is still young and improving
Not for us, not under Gus, he wasn't.

Which is why he was the third choice winger and everybody was happy enough with that particular bit of business.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think it's just the international breaks that are the pain. Don't mind Saturday matches at different times.

As stated before in this thread, Withdean had no Saturday matches ever in December. The Notts County match postponed just over an hour before kick-off two seasons ago was a joke. And looking back much further, the mud bath that was created on New Year's Day against Southend in 2001 meant there wasn't a home match played for nearly a month. Both title-winning seasons though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here