Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has There Ever Been A More Rubbish Disjointed Season?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's funny how I find very little to argue about, in that statement.

But my overall view of all things Albion couldn't be more opposed to WW. :shrug:

Events at Forest make me all the more happier to have Tony and Gus at the helm.

What's happening at forest?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
thankfully the quality of the football has been excellent - better than last season.

you of course would not have noticed

Maybe - but 3 wins in the past 16 games is not particularly impressive.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It isn't the quality of the football that is failing to get results just the quality of the finishing.

Which at the end of the day, of course, is really what matters.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Which at the end of the day, of course, is really what matters.

Perhaps ultimately but we can still enjoy the quality of our general play which is better than I have seen from Albion teams in many a year.

I totally understand the perspective that the result is everything but happen to believe that how you play comes a very close second :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have been going through old programmes back from 1996 and the only thing I can equate this feeling I have about the albion is anti-climax.

After so many years of troubles and strife, which was brilliant at the time..let's face it...all pulling together...all having a common result...all feeling exactly the same about where we needed to be..

Now we are there!

We have a great new stadium, good management team and some cracking footballers who we wouldn't have got a look in years ago...BUT it's not the same...it's sterile...there is no edge to the place....we struggle to win games we should...we lose games we shouldn't ....we do not play the game at pace...we do not excite. I think that may be the problem.

Personally I can't see us getting to the premiership anytime soon....that is why I get very concerned about people dismissing the FA cup. Yes we must do as well as we can in the league, but cup tournaments are really where we should be looking to get results.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is all a bit of a pain in the bum not getting regular home 3pm ko's from a supporter point of view, for those that have any sort of travelling to do and don't have bosses kind enough to give them a couple of hours to travel on a Friday ko. Midweeks are generally out for me anyway, but messing with weekend games is a real pain. So a big irritation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It will be a lot worse in the Premiership.

TV dictates the Premier League. It was bad enough at Withdean with no home games in December on a Saturday due to the Christmas Park & Ride, frozen pitch and in the early years there, a waterlogged pitch. Ah, those were the days.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have been going through old programmes back from 1996 and the only thing I can equate this feeling I have about the albion is anti-climax.

After so many years of troubles and strife, which was brilliant at the time..let's face it...all pulling together...all having a common result...all feeling exactly the same about where we needed to be..

Now we are there!

We have a great new stadium, good management team and some cracking footballers who we wouldn't have got a look in years ago...BUT it's not the same...it's sterile...there is no edge to the place....we struggle to win games we should...we lose games we shouldn't ....we do not play the game at pace...we do not excite. I think that may be the problem.

Personally I can't see us getting to the premiership anytime soon....that is why I get very concerned about people dismissing the FA cup. Yes we must do as well as we can in the league, but cup tournaments are really where we should be looking to get results.

Summed it up well, to sum it up the football at the AMEX has become so damn boring and that is what will put paid to Poyet as it do to Bailey who took us within inches of European football

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As I said, moaning for the sake of it.

Bollocks. If you don't think the rhythm of the team has been disrupted then that's your opinion. Which happens to be different from mine, and also some other people. It's a game of opinions no? Tho of course you're missing the point for the sake of missing the point and to have your usual dig. Oh well. :shrug:

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Bollocks. If you don't think the rhythm of the team has been disrupted then that's your opinion. Which happens to be different from mine, and also some other people. It's a game of opinions no?

I speak to a lot of Brighton fans( mainly on building sites across Sussex) who don't post on NSC good job they don't voice their opinions on NSC don't think some on here would like it

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we got promoted which we won`t not this season anyway,then Gus would have to go we would need a complete overhaul from top to bottom to survive in that division

Brilliant! So if Gus Poyet gets us promoted, he then needs to be sacked… Beyond belief…

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
must admit boxing day was a bit shit with no albion game .....watched the forrest game and the atmosphere was great....felt like we were being punished somehow.......how did all the other fans all over the country manage to get to and from their games safely , some of them only a few miles apart , whereas, falmer , nearest game , without looking pompey or brentford, for some reason was unservicable on boxing day.....:wanker:(S) massive black mark against ewood park ground-staff as well......waterlogged ground = pathetic.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
This is all part of being an Albion fan, it's partly so many events in Brighton and then the AMEX location. Can't play due to Pride, Uni open days, Bonfire night; now Boxing Day transport...it goes on.

These are the good times though so we might just roll with it. Best Chairman in the country, lovely ground oozing quality ENJOY!

As others have said the match-switching is a dress rehearsal for the Premier League, so that'll be less of a culture shock as well.

I feel for fans who live further away though. I have an 80 mile round-trip and that's on the outer limits really -certainly for night games.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doubt we'd give a shit if the football was any good, but results at The Amex are dire.

Blimey it's not like you to hijack a thread to have a pop at the team the rest of us support.

I agree with the sentiments of the OP though. The fixture list has affected my enjoyment of the season. Far too many Saturday/Tuesday games followed by weeks of no football.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is slightly alarming that we will never have a boxing day home game ever again though

Hark now hear, the Brighton sing
the Palace run away
And we will sit at home with our feet up watching on green with envy at other teams playing in front of festive crowds
because of Boxing day.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Disjointed? Yes, a bit but as others have said not something the club has much control over.
Rubbish? No, not in my book. Slight frustration that poor finishing is the only thing stopping us cementing a top 6 or even top 4 slot, but have been enjoying the football, the stadium, the atmosphere and the discussion in between times.
Maybe I'm easily pleased. And others don't know when they've had it so good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Football league voted to start next season 1 week earlier, specifically to allow for one more Saturday game and one less midweeker.

A step in the right direction :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here