Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has There Ever Been A More Rubbish Disjointed Season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just seems like the season's never really got into any kind of a rhythm. Endless international breaks, stops for whist drives in Falmer village and open days at the Uni, floods in the North, no trains or buses for Boxing Day, telly games etc etc. Doubt any team in the Championship has suffered worse. It has to have a cumulative effect shirley? Please can we have our football back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saturday/Tuesday was really hacking me off.

No game for weeks then 2 in 72 hours

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
when every game is a 400 mile round trip 2 games in 72 hours is a pain.

when it happens again and again it takes on the proportions of a nightmare :(

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Doubt we'd give a shit if the football was any good, but results at The Amex are dire.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
when every game is a 400 mile round trip 2 games in 72 hours is a pain.

when it happens again and again it takes on the proportions of a nightmare :(
30 miles along the coast is tough enough.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just seems like the season's never really got into any kind of a rhythm. Endless international breaks, stops for whist drives in Falmer village and open days at the Uni, floods in the North, no trains or buses for Boxing Day, telly games etc etc. Doubt any team in the Championship has suffered worse. It has to have a cumulative effect shirley? Please can we have our football back.

Agree entirely and said as much in a thread a couple of weeks ago. We're halfway through yet it doesn't feel like we've got started properly.

Living where I do doesn't help but the overall effect is I'm just a bit 'meh' about the Albion right now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It will be a lot worse in the Premiership.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Doubt we'd give a shit if the football was any good, but results at The Amex are dire.

Well, I agree with half of your post.

The football has been good, but the results not good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant stadium, record crowds, good (if a bit frustrating at times) football. Yeah, what a RUBBISH season.

Still, at least it's the same old faces moaning about nothing. Most Albion fans seems to appreciate things are actually pretty bloody good at the moment.

You're missing the point. Go to the first post and read through the thread again.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
thankfully the quality of the football has been excellent - better than last season.

you of course would not have noticed

The quality of the the football has been excellent in about 4 matches, the rest have just been a frustrating concoction of endless dull sideways passing, baffling selections and missed chances.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
International breaks, uni open days, televised matches, Boxing Day transport issues. Nothing the club has any control over. And hardly "suffering".

All perfect examples of how the rhythm of the season has been affected...ie the OP's point and the same point you appeared to have missed in your reply.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we got promoted which we won`t not this season anyway,then Gus would have to go we would need a complete overhaul from top to bottom to survive in that division

Possibly. But my comment was relating to the disjointed nature of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The quality of the the football has been excellent in about 4 matches, the rest have just been a frustrating concoction of endless dull sideways passing, baffling selections and missed chances.
It's funny how I find very little to argue about, in that statement.

But my overall view of all things Albion couldn't be more opposed to WW. :shrug:

Events at Forest make me all the more happier to have Tony and Gus at the helm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here