Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has MM Lost the Plot

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sorry i disagree his defending was poor as was his passing, he had a simple chance to put claridge through on goal and he over hit hit by a lot

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
sorry i disagree his defending was poor as was his passing, he had a simple chance to put claridge through on goal and he over hit hit by a lot

In all fairness your views on Harding are pretty much like mine on Oatway, anything he does wrong you pick up on. I would say Harding has looked better the last couple of games, but he still does not inspire confidence.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Stinky Kat said:
I hope MM plays a 4-4-2 against Rotherham with knight and Claridge up front. Drop Oatway for Hammond to give some height to midfield and ask hammond or get up and support the strikers.

Play Mayo instead of harding at Left back. Mark if you do this 3 point sin the bag for you.

SK

I hope you are right but I fear it will be 4-5-1 as we cant afford to lose

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i think my vies could change as they have done on oatway, i do think he has looked better but still not worth all the hype in my view

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The best feature of this board is different opinions...I wouldnt play Harding or Oatway or Carpenter..... play Hinch at full back and move Reid into midfield with Currie Nicholas and Hammond ......awaits flaming

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Auditor said:
The best feature of this board is different opinions...I wouldnt play Harding or Oatway or Carpenter..... play Hinch at full back and move Reid into midfield with Currie Nicholas and Hammond ......awaits flaming

But Hinsh has not looked all that much cope at full back, however at centre back I would say he is the best at the club. At present I would be inclined to stick with 3 centre backs. Wing backs, well with what is there, Reid or El-Abd, Harding or Mayo. Hammond and Nicolas as the grafters in midfield, Currie in a free ish role and Knight and Claridge up front. However in the tinkering world of McGhee anything is possible.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
But Hinsh has not looked all that much cope at full back, however at centre back I would say he is the best at the club. At present I would be inclined to stick with 3 centre backs. Wing backs, well with what is there, Reid or El-Abd, Harding or Mayo. Hammond and Nicolas as the grafters in midfield, Currie in a free ish role and Knight and Claridge up front. However in the tinkering world of McGhee anything is possible.

I can go with that....Hinsh is good in the middle....3-5-2 then

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Repugnant Toad said:
Although I never thought I'd say it, Oatway has been much better than Chippy recently - I'm not sure what's wrong with the latter. I'd have Jones ahead of Harding after his useful cameo on Saturday - we could need him to get forward and break down Rotherham.

Fair point, I missed Ipswich so missed Jonah coming on, but will go with that. Let McGhee know I have changed my mind please

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
Playing Currie up front was just silly given there were at least 2 viable alternatives. Im told there was a very clear anti (Leon)Knight but pro Robinson feeling in the phone-in on Southern Counties Radio. Very interesting.

I fear McGhee is going to lose more of us if he persists in playing people out of position. The only time that has really worked is with Virgo but I feel even that experiment has run its course and it is time McVirgs went back to his preferred position.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Its a bit worrying to see people agreeing with Uncle Buck. What has NSC come to these days!

My team for Saturday would be (being a bit harsh on Butters as i think he has been outstanding this season) 4-4-2

Kuipers
Reid Hinshelwood Cullip Mayo
Currie Hammond Nicolas Jones
Knight Claridge

Bench
Oatway
Harding
Butters
Carpenter
Hart

or if we play the 3 centre backs give Currie a free role

Kuipers
Hinshelwood Butters Cullip
Reid Hammond Nicolas Jones
Currie
Knight Claridge

Bench
Oatway
Harding
Carpenter
Mayo
Hart

We need to beat Rotherham. I think its Gillingham v Cardiff on Saturday, so a draw would be good.

Mr blobby

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We were better when Leon was on the pitch in his correct position at Ipswich... end of...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Mr Blobby said:
Its a bit worrying to see people agreeing with Uncle Buck. What has NSC come to these days!

My team for Saturday would be (being a bit harsh on Butters as i think he has been outstanding this season) 4-4-2

Kuipers
Reid Hinshelwood Cullip Mayo
Currie Hammond Nicolas Jones
Knight Claridge

Bench
Oatway
Harding
Butters
Carpenter
Hart

Kuipers
Currie
Knight Claridge

Bench
Oatway
Harding
Carpenter
Mayo
Hart

We need to beat Rotherham. I think its Gillingham v Cardiff on Saturday, so a draw would be good.

Mr blobby

It is terrible...

Think the 5-3-2 is the way forward, Coppell worked it out fairly quickly in this league, not sure what the McGhee system will be next week (he seems to be borrowing Graham Taylor's blue print for Euro 92 at present).

However as uninspiring as Harding has been, I think you have to play him, in the hope that somebody actually gives us some cash for him in January. It will be harder to convince them he is good, if he is not playing (although that would mean they could not watch him and so would not know the problems).

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Mr Blobby said:

Kuipers
Currie
Knight Claridge

Bench
Oatway
Harding
Carpenter
Mayo
Hart

Seems fair. I'd settle for anything that actually has people playing in their right positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here