Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has MM Lost the Plot

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Taylors Dummy said:
Repugnant bollox! Currie is there as an outlet not as an out and out attacker. He gets the ball under control and allows us to get our shape again. Have you never noticed that when Leon is up front he doesn't hold the ball up it just comes staright back in another wave of attack from the opposition. I agree about the best form of defence to a degree but that little shite doesn't undersatnd about defending from the front which is also important.

If we play so open against sides that have quality players they will pull us apart. Yesterday we were still inthe game up until the final whistle. Playing open football we would have been buried by half time. Is that what you want?

:rolleyes:

Taking one piece of tripe at a time ...

1) Currie is very capable of being an outlet, but in a central (AM or S) position, he is wasted. His abilities are as a winger - he really came into the game on the left (unsuprisingly)

2) Have I noticed that "the little shite" never holds it up, giving the ball to the defence? No, not often - Leon occupies the defence, works back hard and attacks well, as shown when he came on, when we were able to keep the ball.

3) It's not a case of open football, it's about keeping the ball - every time we lumped it up to Claridge it came back, putting us under endless pressure - we cannot simply defend endlessly in this league. When we kept the ball (when LK came on), we caused them problems, and gave our defence a break. We would in no have been buried. We have the ability, we just need to make the most of it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I thought yesterday was crying out for Knight. It was fairly obvious from early on that the Ipswich defence was not the fastest in the world, as both Claridge and Currie were getting to balls that they would not often do. It needed somebody with a bit of pace and when Knight came on he did what he is good as, which is being almost on the shoulder of defenders, waiting for the flick on or the ball just in front of him and it nearly worked.

Why did McGhee have him stripped off after about 55 minutes and then not bring him on for another 10? He had warmed up and by this point was cooling down again, that is how injuries happen.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Repugnant Toad said:
:rolleyes:

Taking one piece of tripe at a time ...

1) Currie is very capable of being an outlet, but in a central (AM or S) position, he is wasted. His abilities are as a winger - he really came into the game on the left (unsuprisingly)

2) Have I noticed that "the little shite" never holds it up, giving the ball to the defence? No, not often - Leon occupies the defence, works back hard and attacks well, as shown when he came on, when we were able to keep the ball.

3) It's not a case of open football, it's about keeping the ball - every time we lumped it up to Claridge it came back, putting us under endless pressure - we cannot simply defend endlessly in this league. When we kept the ball (when LK came on), we caused them problems, and gave our defence a break. We would in no have been buried. We have the ability, we just need to make the most of it.

A great pair of knight tinted glasses you've got on eh. Leon does not work back hard that is why Virgs spends the game running himself into the ground. Knight is a lazy fucker who only plays for himself. As for you saying Claridge kept giving the ball away, that is a complete joke. What game were you at. Even ipswich fans on this site have said how impressed they were with how he held the ball up.

I suppose you were one of those wankers singing "Leon wonderland". You obviously need to get out a bit more and learn about the game. He has never cut it at this level and most of us can see why. Shame you cant.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
f***ing BOLLOCKS!
leon knight is the most talented player in this squad.
I was "one of those wankers singing" as i want to see him on the pitch causing problems not sitting on the bench.
Myth he does not work back in the past mont or so he has worked his arse off.
The reason virgo works back is because he is normally trying to recover the ball from one of his o so good attempts of a first touch.
Leon will leave at the end of the year and i wont blame him at all

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
kinkygerbil said:
f***ing BOLLOCKS!
leon knight is the most talented player in this squad.
I was "one of those wankers singing" as i want to see him on the pitch causing problems not sitting on the bench.
Myth he does not work back in the past mont or so he has worked his arse off.
The reason virgo works back is because he is normally trying to recover the ball from one of his o so good attempts of a first touch.
Leon will leave at the end of the year and i wont blame him at all

I wont blame him and i won't be sorry. It is good for you to accept that for only the last month or so he has worked his arse off. May be that bollocking he got from MM and the obvious praise that MM gave Virgs finally hit home. By the way, how many goals has Leon Scored this year (or at this level at all). That is where the proof is. It must be humiliating for him to see a defender finding the onion bag more regularly. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
it must also annoy him and all the other players when whenever we lose its because we have not got virgo - and when we win its because of virgo

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Taylors Dummy said:
A great pair of knight tinted glasses you've got on eh. Leon does not work back hard that is why Virgs spends the game running himself into the ground. Knight is a lazy fucker who only plays for himself. As for you saying Claridge kept giving the ball away, that is a complete joke. What game were you at. Even ipswich fans on this site have said how impressed they were with how he held the ball up.

I suppose you were one of those wankers singing "Leon wonderland". You obviously need to get out a bit more and learn about the game. He has never cut it at this level and most of us can see why. Shame you cant.

Bugger knows what's wrong with your glasses! You certainly struggled to read my post - I never said Claridge kept giving it away, I said it kept coming back at us - we lacked options to release the ball to up front, and Naylor had the measure of SC.

As for Leon, he clearly works just as hard as Virgs, but some people refuse to recognise that. It's just easier to fall back on the tired old "lazy Leon" stereotypes ...

I most certainly was one of those wankers who deemed it appropriate to support our own players - what next, eh? Cheering our goals? What cocksocket would do that?! :nono:

He has played a sum total of about 35 games at this level, scoring 5 times, 25 of those games on the wing, all of them in struggling sides. Are you one of the people who also thinks Bobby failed to "cut it" at this level?

Winner!

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Repugnant Toad said:

Are you one of the people who also thinks Bobby failed to "cut it" at this level?

Winner!

Sorry but Bobby hasnt cut it at this level yet.
Not on fire at West ham and two years ago most of his goals were pens

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
3 out of 14 were penalties - not much of a majority. That's not bad in a relegated side, with ten games missed. I'm not saying he's a deadly marksman at this level, but he's demonstrated he is capable of hitting the net here.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z would be the ideal player in the current situation.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A year ago we had lost to Lincoln 3-1. We only won one match in December (Boxing Day against Wycombe) having lost to Swindon, Tranmere and QPR and scraping a draw against Port Vale.

A lot of people were moaning about the appt of MM then.

We'll be fine.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We met some Ipswich mates after the game and they were amazed that Knight was left on the bench until the 70th minute.

When he came on we looked like we might score, without him we struggle. Claridge holds the ball up well, but needs somebody to release it to. Currie is the best ball player we have had for years, and he is played out of position. Get back to 4-4-2.

Only Gillingham and Rotherham have a worst goal difference than us, so this defensive tactics is hardly working is it!

Still teh Referee was a joker on Saturday. Cullip dived? Your having a laugh!

Mr Blobby

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
A year ago we had lost to Lincoln 3-1. We only won one match in December (Boxing Day against Wycombe) having lost to Swindon, Tranmere and QPR and scraping a draw against Port Vale.

A lot of people were moaning about the appt of MM then.

We'll be fine.

A bit of fortune withe the referee and we would be saying the tactics were spot onat Ipswich...51 points thats what we need ..how and when does not matter..lets just let MM get on with it ..if we fail then have the inquiry

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I hope MM plays a 4-4-2 against Rotherham with knight and Claridge up front. Drop Oatway for Hammond to give some height to midfield and ask hammond or get up and support the strikers.

Play Mayo instead of harding at Left back. Mark if you do this 3 point sin the bag for you.

SK

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
I hope MM plays a 4-4-2 against Rotherham with knight and Claridge up front. Drop Oatway for Hammond to give some height to midfield and ask hammond or get up and support the strikers.

Play Mayo instead of harding at Left back. Mark if you do this 3 point sin the bag for you.

SK

Although I never thought I'd say it, Oatway has been much better than Chippy recently - I'm not sure what's wrong with the latter. I'd have Jones ahead of Harding after his useful cameo on Saturday - we could need him to get forward and break down Rotherham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here