Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has MM Lost the Plot

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Can anybody attempt to explain that team line up to me?
Knight on the bench, "speedy" Currie up front.
Yeah, brilliant Mark - you takin the piss?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did you go to the match?

I can't work out the formation. I think it must be 4-5-1.
The implication is that Leon Knight does not understand how to operate his role in this system, or does not try hard enough, or is it not fit enough, not enough stamina?

I think I understand what MM is trying to do. What I am not so sure is if I like the role Nicolas is meant to be playing. I am not so sure that Currie is the right player, but at least he seem to know what he is meant to do, even of his legs do not actually do what is required.

MM can't do anything about the referee.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Fair enough about the ref!
And I agree Currie has got a good brain and fits in to the system well, but he's too bloody slow to do it as you said.
If he's not going to play Leon, then why not try Robinson or Molango up front, we need some "teeth" in and around the box, a born striker that can give us a goal or 2.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
TonyW said:
Fair enough about the ref!
And I agree Currie has got a good brain and fits in to the system well, but he's too bloody slow to do it as you said.
If he's not going to play Leon, then why not try Robinson or Molango up front, we need some "teeth" in and around the box, a born striker that can give us a goal or 2.

Its all about keeping it tight and trying to nick points by flooding the middle of the park and stopping the opposition playing.
You are right about us toothless up front but its keep the score low for 70 mins then go for it.. if we play open we will get a spanking from the better sides

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Millwall fans got disilusioned (SP? sorry that is a shocking attempt) with McGhees tactics and constantly playing people out of position...I've seen that seep into BHA fans in recent weeks.

Last edited:

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
Can't lose what you have never had

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
At long as we are not in the bottom 3 the God McGhee has not lost the plot imho. If we ended up 21st he could play Dave the Gaffer up front with Paul Camillin for all I care.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Mcghee is right to drop Knight if he isn't doing it. We don't know how he is doing in training, so i'm prepared to give the gaffer the benefit of the doubt. Things will change obviously if we get in Mccammon and Owusu, and I reckon Knight will pick his game up once he realises there are better players than him in his position.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we lose to Rotherham then yes.(Who's a bet hedger?)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i disagree

if we worry about the other team every game we play we are playing in to there hands.
for the 20 mins knight was on yesterday we looked like we could score

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He has been very worrying - playing Currie up front is tantamount to putting out 10 men - he is in no way a striker, he never has been. Knight covers more ground than he does, and we would lose little defensively playing him. It may be a cliche (probably because it's true), but attack is the best form of defence - invite pressure and we will concede. We looked a transformed team with players in their right positions and Knight on.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Repugnant Toad said:
He has been very worrying - playing Currie up front is tantamount to putting out 10 men - he is in no way a striker, he never has been. Knight covers more ground than he does, and we would lose little defensively playing him. It may be a cliche (probably because it's true), but attack is the best form of defence - invite pressure and we will concede. We looked a transformed team with players in their right positions and Knight on.

Repugnant bollox! Currie is there as an outlet not as an out and out attacker. He gets the ball under control and allows us to get our shape again. Have you never noticed that when Leon is up front he doesn't hold the ball up it just comes staright back in another wave of attack from the opposition. I agree about the best form of defence to a degree but that little shite doesn't undersatnd about defending from the front which is also important.

If we play so open against sides that have quality players they will pull us apart. Yesterday we were still inthe game up until the final whistle. Playing open football we would have been buried by half time. Is that what you want?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Taylors Dummy said:
Repugnant bollox! Currie is there as an outlet not as an out and out attacker. He gets the ball under control and allows us to get our shape again. Have you never noticed that when Leon is up front he doesn't hold the ball up it just comes staright back in another wave of attack from the opposition. I agree about the best form of defence to a degree but that little shite doesn't undersatnd about defending from the front which is also important.

If we play so open against sides that have quality players they will pull us apart. Yesterday we were still inthe game up until the final whistle. Playing open football we would have been buried by half time. Is that what you want?

Totally agree.. we have to use our strengths to accumulate points not go gung ho and get thrashed. 20 mins of leon was about right.
Also what about FDM ..loads of top saves again

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i agreed with toad not dummy

ffs we were destroyed at west ham, burnley destroyed us both with out knight in the side and yesterday when he came on we looked a match for them

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
kinkygerbil said:
i agreed with toad not dummy

ffs we were destroyed at west ham, burnley destroyed us both with out knight in the side and yesterday when he came on we looked a match for them

Wrong...Knight played against Burnley from the start ..were you not there?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
kinkygerbil said:
yes i was but he was played out of postion
we played 4-5-1 to counter burnley and not get overrun in midfield like the Crewe game
As for Leon our opinions are different we will have to agree to disagree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here