Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has McGhee lost the dressing room?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Uncle Buck said:
But the results at the beginning of the season did not matter...

Why not, 3 points in August are worth the same as 3 in April surely?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Has McGhee lost the dressing room?

3gulls said:
And ours. We are even worse without them! At Coventry, Henderson got injured and Magoo could not sub him because he only had a kid on the bench. Nice! :censored:
So you admit, CKR and FDM getting the hump is 'our' problem? Their antics have meant that an unusable 'kid' is on the bench, and that we are a worse team without them. Sounds to me like they need a good kick up the backside for being unprofessional.

Of course, if they didn't get the hump in the first place, and had accepted that their place in the team is not automatic, then none of these tall tales would have been spread.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
the wanderbus said:
Why not, 3 points in August are worth the same as 3 in April surely?

Yes but the great one said early season results dont matter. We concur with your view.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Sargey said:
I really think the guy has lost it now...:p :p :p

This season he has tried to turn OGH & Reidy into full backs when El - Abd, Mayo & Lynch were available, Played Hinshelwood on the wing:p when Reidy, OGH,Robinson or Cox could of played there and permutated his front line so many times it's unreal.

I reckon we do have the players who could of kept us up but severe mis-management hasn't got the best out of those players and by playing them out of position or over rotating them has knocked their confidence and confused them as how to play where.

McGhee wqill you please stop :censored: :censored: :censored: around with the team with these totally weird selections....

I'm afraid he must go and now.....:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

Could not agree more!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Sargey said:
I really think the guy has lost it now...:p :p :p

This season he has tried to turn OGH & Reidy into full backs when El - Abd, Mayo & Lynch were available, Played Hinshelwood on the wing:p when Reidy, OGH,Robinson or Cox could of played there and permutated his front line so many times it's unreal.

I reckon we do have the players who could of kept us up but severe mis-management hasn't got the best out of those players and by playing them out of position or over rotating them has knocked their confidence and confused them as how to play where.

McGhee wqill you please stop :censored: :censored: :censored: around with the team with these totally weird selections....

I'm afraid he must go and now.....:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

:clap: :clap: :clap:, top posting.

Icy Gull said:
Maybe those that were there can confirm or deny it, but to me it sounded like he and the team are still playing for each other, showing plenty of fight and spirit. Long may it continue, maybe it won't make up for what we lack in class, but they are proving once again the spirit that got us where we are is still there:clap:

Doesn't sound like a good idea to even contemplate sacking the manager to me. If he loses the dressing room, well that would be something different

That is all :(

The team fought brilliantly last night. The Canaries fans couldn't believe their Premiership wannabees were being outplayed for most of the second half by a 10-man bottom-3 team.

The grief Worthington got was incredible - that was thanks to our team's hard work.

Better of course we went down 3-0 committing players up the pitch than not give us the best chance of an equaliser.

The work ethic, the spirit, the organisation, the do-or-die bravery - all that was there, what we lacked was the quality in keys areas of the pitch to match what the superb Huckerby did for them.

Uncle Buck said:
So 5 wins this season is good enough for him to keep his job Icy?

Yes, with this squad of players, a thousand times yes. And prattle all you want, you know that will be Dick Knight's answer too :wave:

But whinge away and encourage others to do likewise, I know that's what you like doing.

Last edited:

London Irish said:
Yes, with this squad of players, a thousand times yes. And prattle all you want, you know that will be Dick Knight's answer too :wave:

But whinge away and encourage others to do likewise, I know that's what you like doing.

The fact is: This "squad of players" SHOULD be doing far better. Managers in the past have got the very best out of very ordinary players. Adams and Coppell had the ability and man management skills. McGee hasn't and has clearly lost the plot. Five wins out of forty seven is PATHETIC. If Brighton can't afford to sack him then maybe he should be thrown on "gardening leave" for a period until some deal can be thrashed/fudged out?

To answer the obvious next question; "Who would you replace him with then, financial constraints yadi yadi yah etc".....It was suggested on here by somebody that a Wilkins/Oatway combination could be the answer. He was derided by the usual McGee apologists. Wilkins is an astute coach who has done wonders with the youngsters. Oatway could provide the brawn and motivation. It could be a failure? It could be a blinding success? One things for sure. We have nothing to lose because under McGee's managership we are sinking without trace.......

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

[/QUOTE]

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Zeitgeist said:
The fact is: This "squad of players" SHOULD be doing far better. Managers in the past have got the very best out of very ordinary players. Adams and Coppell had the ability and man management skills. McGee hasn't and has clearly lost the plot. Five wins out of forty seven is PATHETIC. If Brighton can't afford to sack him then maybe he should be thrown on "gardening leave" for a period until some deal can be thrashed/fudged out?

To answer the obvious next question; "Who would you replace him with then, financial constraints yadi yadi yah etc".....It was suggested on here by somebody that a Wilkins/Oatway combination could be the answer. He was derided by the usual McGee apologists. Wilkins is an astute coach who has done wonders with the youngsters. Oatway could provide the brawn and motivation. It could be a failure? It could be a blinding success? One things for sure. We have nothing to lose because under McGee's managership we are sinking without trace.......

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Zeitgeist said:

To answer the obvious next question; "Who would you replace him with then, financial constraints yadi yadi yah etc".....It was suggested on here by somebody that a Wilkins/Oatway combination could be the answer. He was derided by the usual McGee apologists. Wilkins is an astute coach with who has done wonders with the youngsters. Oatway could provide the brawn and motivation. It could be a failure? It could be a blinding success? One things for sure. We have nothing to lose because under McGee's managership we are sinking without trace.......

Rubbish - name the year Adams and Coppell kept Brighton in tier 2? Adams has been at the wrong end of the league with both Leicester and Coventry, I dread to think what he would have done with our tiny budget. Coppell may or may not have done better, but in case it's escaped your notice, he f***ed off. Now I stay loyal to good managers who stay loyal to us, you can pine after the Reading and Coventry managers for all the good it will do you.

And Wikins/Oatway is so pathetic it is not even worth discussing.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
Yes, with this squad of players, a thousand times yes.

Ah the quality of the players is the tired excuse now, in some departments we are stronger than we were last season, its just that players dont really know what their department is due to the constant tinkering.

Thing is, if the rumbling of discontent continues amongst the real benefactors of the club (i.e. the £65 quid a match corporate boys in the North Stand) DK aint going to be left with a lot of choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rougvie said:
Ah the quality of the players is the tired excuse now, in some departments we are stronger than we were last season, its just that players dont really know what their department is due to the constant tinkering.

Thing is, if the rumbling of discontent continues amongst the real benefactors of the club (i.e. the £65 quid a match corporate boys in the North Stand) DK aint going to be left with a lot of choice.

Upfront, without Virgo's bustling style we are weaker. This team is a decent target man short of survival. We can bumble along in pretty well all other positions now that Lynch is emerging.

Anyone who chooses not to see that a striker is all we are missing to drag ourselves up the table is probably someone who'd want McGhee out even if we went on a 12 game winning run.

It seems the players believe in him. maybe we can get by without the fans that don't for the rest of the season? A hefty percentage of the MM out posse probably don't even go to Withdean anyway???

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Zeitgeist said:

What's a McGhee apologist? You mean someone prepared offer the necessary and essential support to a manager in a way you find so repulsive? The manager of your own football team.

Dean Wilkins is a bit pre-occupied at present with the Youth Team, and Charlie Oatway is currently hobbling around injured with a broken ankle. So, if you were asking for a gestalt entity, you would get an otherwise-occupied inexperienced cripple as a management team. Inspired.

London Irish said:
I dread to think what he would have done with our tiny budget. .

Hopefully not wasted it on some South American roadsweeper! It was at a different level, but in my memory I don't recall too many duff buys by Adams. Chances are Coppell WOULD have kepts us in tier two had he not been playing catch up from late October.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zeitgeist said:
Hopefully not wasted it on some South American roadsweeper! It was at a different level, but in my memory I don't recall too many duff buys by Adams. Chances are Coppell WOULD have kepts us in tier two had he not been playing catch up from late October.

Well Pitcher cost 45K and Coppell had us within a point that evaporated into 5 behind so he had the chance to keep us up, but we kept losing to relegation rivals. Sound familiar? Just the way it is with our resources

Last edited:

Rougvie said:

Are you really saying McGhee isn't going to keep his job? Do you really want to commit yourself to that? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here