Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has McGhee lost the dressing room?

Icy Gull said:
Well Pitcher cost 45K and Coppell had us within a point that evaporated into 5 behind so he had the chance to keep us up, but we kept losing to relegation rivals. Sound familiar? Just the way it is with our resources

Indeed - Coppell actually had us out of the bottom 3 by February. But he couldn't manage what resources he had to keep us out of it.

That is, undisputably, a FACT

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I cant see why an Oatway/Wilkins or something similar along those lines wouldnt work?

Look at Stuart Pearce and how far he has come in 5 years,and I know people people are going to say he took Forest down,but the same thing is going to happen to us barring a miracle,so what have we got to lose???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
I cant see why an Oatway/Wilkins or something similar along those lines wouldnt work?

Look at Stuart Pearce and how far he has come in 5 years,and I know people people are going to say he took Forest down,but the same thing is going to happen to us barring a miracle,so what have we got to lose???

In the future, why not? be a disaster right now though

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Round and round in circles we go.
The usual anti McGhee posters saying exactly the same thing and the pro McGhee posters saying exactly the same thing over and over again.
Neither side are going to persuade each other.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Indeed - Coppell actually had us out of the bottom 3 by February. But he couldn't manage what resources he had to keep us out of it.

That is, undisputably, a FACT

Games matter at the start of the season thats another for the " undisputably, a FACT" folder :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Icy Gull said:
Well Pitcher cost 45K and Coppell had us within a point that evaporated into 5 behind so he had the chance to keep us up, but we kept losing to relegation rivals. Sound familiar? Just the way it is with our resources

I think that you will find it was £20k up to £25k depending on appearances etc.

What LI will not see because his eyes are blinkered towards MM and DK is that it matters little how well we play or how bad we play at the moment what matters is the score at the and of the match and the points that we achieve.

For what it is worth I believe that the problem lies in the back room staff as I do not believe that they are earning their corn as the team appear to be playing with out any direction once they pass the halfway line and very little conviction when the opponents get in our half.

However you look at it the buck stops with DK. He is the big boss and responsible for everything that happens. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him back to his usual practice, on the field at Withdean taking all the praise like normal rather than to sleek away into a corner and be unheard of.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Charlies Shinpad said:

What has Stuart Pearce's success got to do with Dean Wilkins? Or with Charlie Oatway? Or have you made that amazing leap of logic that just BECAUSE Pearce is doing a good job that Wilkins will as well?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
Round and round in circles we go.
The usual anti McGhee posters saying exactly the same thing and the pro McGhee posters saying exactly the same thing over and over again.
Neither side are going to persuade each other.

Well said Yorkie, guess some people have nothing better to do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I think that you will find it was £20k up to £25k depending on appearances etc.

What LI will not see because his eyes are blinkered towards MM and DK is that it matters little how well we play or how bad we play at the moment what matters is the score at the and of the match and the points that we achieve.

For what it is worth I believe that the problem lies in the back room staff as I do not believe that they are earning their corn as the team appear to be playing with out any direction once they pass the halfway line and very little conviction when the opponents get in our half.

However you look at it the buck stops with DK. He is the big boss and responsible for everything that happens. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him back to his usual practice, on the field at Withdean taking all the praise like normal rather than to sleek away into a corner and be unheard of.
The majority of the anti-McGhee bunch are testosterone-fuelled insecure short-termists who let fantasy run away with them when they believe they've heard a rumour, irrespective of how true it may or may not be.

You, however, are one spiteful, bitter person who changes his point of attack to suit your mood swings. What you will not see because your eyes are blinkered is how together the club is, how hard everyone works, and how relatively stable the club is compared to how it was because of your hatred and mistrust of DK on account of... well, I won't repeat the tedious story of your 'plans'. Your agenda is well known.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The Large One said:
What has Stuart Pearce's success got to do with Dean Wilkins? Or with Charlie Oatway? Or have you made that amazing leap of logic that just BECAUSE Pearce is doing a good job that Wilkins will as well?

It was a comparison of what could be done,and if you read what i said carefully you will see I also said or something similar,I only used Wilkins/Oatway as they are the names banded about on here.

And how do you know that Wilkins wont do as good as job as Pearce given the chance then you f***ing smart ass?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Charlies Shinpad said:
It was a comparison of what could be done,and if you read what i said carefully you will see I also said or something similar,I only used Wilkins/Oatway as they are the names banded about on here.

And how do you know that Wilkins wont do as good as job as Pearce given the chance then you f***ing smart ass?
And how do you know he will?

Was that a jibe? Ouch.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad said:
No one does! That's the point!

You don't appoint managers on guesswork, particularly with the kind of small budgets we can provide them :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
London Irish said:
No one does! That's the point!

You don't appoint managers on guesswork, particularly with the kind of small budgets we can provide them :rolleyes:

Bit like saying.why gamble £100,000 on a player who is in Bristol Rovers Reserves then and hope he might come good?

Or £150,000 on an Argy striker who looked good on a DVD then?

Those were all inspired guesswork werent they?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyNormanBaker said:
I think he is doing a good job yes but not as good as the press seem to make out.

Manager swap would be fun :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here