Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Barnes actually touched the ball in our last 4 games?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Charlton is going to be CRAP

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would rather have had Boro's No 9.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Turn and shot reminded me of Murray but much better.

Dec 29, 2011
Most of Barnes fans like him because of his defensive duties, yet moan that we play too defensive at the Amex. I'd say either play him upfront or, more preferably, drop him for the home games to give Buckley or KLL a chance to start. We have the meanest defense in the league, why does one of our strikers/wingers need to be on the pitch to defend too?

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Has anyone else noticed he seems to be the only player in our squad who is never injured, he should have a word with a certain spanish fellow.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have I been proved wrong? Well, yes, I suppose, if you took the thread title to mean that I genuinely don't think Barnes has kicked a football in 360 minutes.

What have we established he's contributed over 4 games then? 1 long range shot? A missed free header?
Blimey, perhaps we don't need to sign a striker after all.

The only thing that's embarrassing is leaving our promotion bid hinging on a League 1 strikeforce.

This thread is pretty embarrassing too.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Has Barnes actually done anything constructive in our last 4 games? There's certainly one player who seems to be getting a good deal - people are so busy getting frustrated by Poyet's crap tactics and signings that they're not noticing My Anonymous himself.

Has Withdean Wanderer posted anything constructive in our last 4 games? There's certainly one idiot who shows himself up here. People are getting frustrated by W.W's negativity and they're not noticing that he actually is a sad lonely Mr Anonymous,

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Give Barnes a chance in a 4-4-2 and I am sure he will score goals. He is not a defensive/forward running midfielder, not fair to judge playing in that role but he does what Gus asks of him. It a boring playing role and I am sure he must get frustated at not be able to play alongside CMS.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Most of Barnes fans like him because of his defensive duties, yet moan that we play too defensive at the Amex. I'd say either play him upfront or, more preferably, drop him for the home games to give Buckley or KLL a chance to start. We have the meanest defense in the league, why does one of our strikers/wingers need to be on the pitch to defend too?

Spot on

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There's certainly one player who seems to be getting a good deal - people are so busy getting frustrated by Poyet's crap tactics and signings that they're not noticing My Anonymous himself.

And you wonder why we don't look like scoring...
Correct. He has been very poor the past couple of games. Admittedly he isn't being played in his best position (imo) but I don't think we should start with him when at home, too defensive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because he's a striker who is underperforming. .

It seems to have passed you by that he seldom plays as an out and out striker :rolleyes:

I know I'm wasting my breath here, but can you REALLY not see what he brings to the team in terms of closing down, defending, layoffs and getting into goalscoring positions?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Have we ever had a thread where the opening question can be answered and closed within one post?

The answer to the opening question was "yes" by the way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Post when we're losing
You only post when we're losing
Post when we're loooooosing
You only post when we're loooosing

Yeah how bizarre is that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here