Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Barnes actually touched the ball in our last 4 games?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Absolutely, and I agree that stats tell only part of the tale. I think, our opinions aside, that Gus' perspective is unlikely to change on Barnes given what he sees as his valuable role in the team. I for one, won't be disappointed to see Barnes in the team at the moment but if Dobbie proves to be a better fit to our style then I'll be happy to see it.

Ultimately, I agree that Barnes in the left-wing position is not as attacking as I would like and a waste of a striker / winger position but I don't see Dobbie competing for that position. I think our midfield is more likely to feature the following players in the following positions:

DM: Bridcutt; CM: Crofts / Hammond / Dicker; AM: Dobbie / Orlandi / Vicente (!); RW: Buckley / Lopez; LW: Barnes / Lua Lua; CF: CMS

I don't ever see Buckley and Lua Lua starting at the same time, and with Lua Lua only seeming to be effective in the last 20 minutes, that leaves the wide players of Barnes and Buckley who both give the defensive cover (Barnes more than Buckley) to allow Bruno and Bridge to excel. Dobbie would then be in behind CMS, hopefully pulling the strings.

think some might have just forgotten about your last sentence therein lies the crux he can play a defensive role if need be and Gus obviously trust him to do this
Gus knows best otherwise the detractors would be doing his job ..............no

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
And you were wrong there too. Heskey was criminally underrated, and it's no coincidence he played in our 4 best performances of the last 10-15 years.

Ha ha bloody ha...... you makes oi laarrff....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Does missing a penalty and then skying the rebound count?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
On Saturday we had Buckley, KLL and Dobbie on the bench. Three players who would WALK into the majority of teams in this league. Claiming that we are struggling because we don't have as stronger squad, or as bigger wallet, as others in the league doesn't really wash.

Buckley = yes
Dobbie = yes (on reputation, NOT form)
KLL = are you on CRACK?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The KLL obsession. Why?

I cannot recall Cardiff or anyone else interested in KLL, whereas the effective (and great for squad morale) Noone was allowed to be sold to a rival.
Gus's fantastic "everyone has their price" theory, for the new Albion with no debt and big income thesedays, and a squad crying out for creativity.

I don't rate KLL. He does very little in most games.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Can't even be arsed with this shit.

Get him on the bench and get Murray back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here