Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever had a run in with Irish gypsy travellers?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I live adjacent to Cheshunt FC training pitch and about 10 years ago 15-20 caravans
moved in over a period of an hour. The police had been tracking them and a police car sat there and watched them pile in through the gate which led to the pitch. My neighbour is in the the Met and he suggested to them, after the first 2 or 3, that they could use the police car to block the entrance but they chose not to.
We had 5 days of hell; excrement thrown over walls into gardens; fights in local pubs; young kids in the park getting pushed off bikes, before an injunction was used to move them. They left a destroyed pitch, they used motorbikes to plough it up, piles of rubbish and excrement everywhere.
You're lucky to still have a ground in thaty case, mate! Round here the travellers seem to be in league with the property developers. One summer recently, they descended en masse on a nice little cricket ground and proceeded to make such a mess of it that the school next door had to be closed for the first two weeks of term because it was covered in shit and stuff.
Needless to say, cricket was never played on that ground again, and shortly afterwards a developer bought it up and now there's a couple of hundred houses on it.....wonder how much was in the brown envelope they slipped to the tinks? That was a move worthy of the likes of B*ll A*ch*r (don't worry, I've fumigated my keyboard).
They've just invaded another community sports field a mile or so away.....hmm, I wonder. New house in three years time, anyone?

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
What's with all the hate in this thread?

Although I'm sure the gypsie community has a few bad eggs, let's not tar them all with the same brush. I used to know some traveller kids and they were lovely. Just saying like :smile:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
this is really long but, no matter how much of it you watch, your last comment will be "what the f***?"

[yt]AZPH14zZi9M[/yt]

In brief, some illiterate, fat, pasty Micks gob off about fighting, then two lardy twats slap each other like girls, and the old twat spends another 5 minutes failing to get an intelligible word out. Gas 'em.

Did have a run in a few years back in Barns Green, but the poor pikey twats didn't know what hit them. I was on leave at the time and made a few phone calls to other people who were on leave - we put the odds up to around 4-1 on our side and they weren't expecting 40 of Her Maj's finest to do to them what they did to everyone else. Beat the f*** out of them and torched their vans, police were there and let us get on with it. Some Gypo Protection Lawyer turned up and had his car rolled as well, police had to call in for some vans to take them all away. I don't believe they have ever been back. They live by violence, they understand violence, and that is the only solution to these fuckers.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Viz was reprimanded by the United Nations after running this, but during the resulting court case, The Sun ran a story revealing that the principal Roma man who initiated the action against them was in fact also being tried for (and was later found guilty of) handling stolen property.

Viz then later ran a short strip called "The Nice, Honest Gypsies", featuring a kindly Gypsy woman selling pegs door-to-door and helpfully returning forgotten change.

Ahem. I think you'll find that Viz ran both of the aforementioned stories in the same issue.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We had 20 caravans turn up on our site at Saltley a few years back. Company employed a local security mob (legal) who completely secured the site in the early hours & released 2 Rottweilers.On returning 2 days later,to feed the little doggies,the pikies begged to be let out!They couldn't get out of their caravans,so their attempt to replicate Selhurst failed miserably:smile:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I once got beaten up by a "new age traveller" or whatever they are called. I was only 15 at the time and he was a big burly bloke who owned an allotment up the Race Hill where me and my mates used to knock around.

My mates left me for dead and I took a kicking for some reason. He started on one of my younger friends first, so I decided to help my mate out. Next thing I know I'm on the deck, on the floor taking kicks left right and centre and not ONE of my mates to be seen...

BASTARDS!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here