Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever had a run in with Irish gypsy travellers?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If so what happened?

we have just had 8 of the bastards turn up on our business park, so i went over there to tell them to bugger off and basically got told if you dont f*** off we will kick your face in.

I've rung the police and they did arrive only to tell me that there is nothing they can do and we have to wait for an injuction, this could take up to 4 weeks.

Now there on our private land and we have lots of cranes / forklifts, i sugested going over there and picking up there caravans and sticking them on the road and out of our way. would this be a good idea? if i had the backing of 50 or so site labourers.

Can I be really nosey and ask what business park you mean?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I knew you were going to say that.

Worked there a few years ago, and an ideal pikey stop over.

Phat Baz

Jan 24, 2008
East Sussex
If so what happened?

we have just had 8 of the bastards turn up on our business park, so i went over there to tell them to bugger off and basically got told if you dont f*** off we will kick your face in.

I've rung the police and they did arrive only to tell me that there is nothing they can do and we have to wait for an injuction, this could take up to 4 weeks.

Now there on our private land and we have lots of cranes / forklifts, i sugested going over there and picking up there caravans and sticking them on the road and out of our way. would this be a good idea? if i had the backing of 50 or so site labourers.
v3.jpg

ha ha ha !! couldnt resist this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
2 left, there f***ing off. where i dont know and i dont care, as long as its not anywhere near my house.

Ill probably get home and there be pitched up!!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I live adjacent to Cheshunt FC training pitch and about 10 years ago 15-20 caravans
moved in over a period of an hour. The police had been tracking them and a police car sat there and watched them pile in through the gate which led to the pitch. My neighbour is in the the Met and he suggested to them, after the first 2 or 3, that they could use the police car to block the entrance but they chose not to.

We had 5 days of hell; excrement thrown over walls into gardens; fights in local pubs; young kids in the park getting pushed off bikes, before an injunction was used to move them. They left a destroyed pitch, they used motorbikes to plough it up, piles of rubbish and excrement everywhere.

I have always been a tolerant sort and would have viewed a story like this as a possible exaggeration but what I saw really shocked me. All access points to open spaces have very strong gates and barriers around here now.

Buy a string of crow scarers, delay length starter (say 5-6 hours), pop them in a machine bucket just out of reach, light up on the way home and wait for them to go off every half hour commencing at say midnight. A full string should last 8-10 hours. Should keep the squirrel mucnhers awake wondering if someone is have pot a shot at them!

Have fun.

HCQ

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
v3.jpg

ha ha ha !! couldnt resist this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viz was reprimanded by the United Nations after running this, but during the resulting court case, The Sun ran a story revealing that the principal Roma man who initiated the action against them was in fact also being tried for (and was later found guilty of) handling stolen property.

Viz then later ran a short strip called "The Nice, Honest Gypsies", featuring a kindly Gypsy woman selling pegs door-to-door and helpfully returning forgotten change.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst you could never condone Hitler's ideas you have to say he might have had a point when it comes to Gipsies. However, Gipsies go to great length to point out the differences between them and 'Travellers'. Personally I'm far from convinced. Not far from here some Gipsies brought some farm land (there's no way they could ever built on it as it's Green Belt). Of course they have parked mobile homes on it and I gather the council have been trying to shift them for years.

I'm sure it's pure coincidence but since they've been here the crime rate has shot up.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
If me or you parked up on someones property then we would be moved on very quickly,yet for some reason the police will not take action against travellers despite the fact that they are plainly trespassing.We are paying more and more for Council Tax yet can get no protection.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The more I see what Britain is becomming the more I think we fought on the wrong side in world war 2.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Forgetting anything that happened in snatch, I've heard a couple of horror stories about people fighting with gypsies. Just remember that they can disappear at any time, while they now know where you work. They've probably got just as many cousins to call as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We had pikeys in our car park at work a month ago. They were going round checking the locks on all the parked cars. Several items were reported stolen to the police. The kids were sent out collecting sponsorship money for a non event and purchased two x-boxes with the proceeds , paid entirely with £1 coins. After 2 days they were moved on by pug ugly bailiffs who turned up in force.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here