Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever had a run in with Irish gypsy travellers?

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
If so what happened?

we have just had 8 of the bastards turn up on our business park, so i went over there to tell them to bugger off and basically got told if you dont f*** off we will kick your face in.

I've rung the police and they did arrive only to tell me that there is nothing they can do and we have to wait for an injuction, this could take up to 4 weeks.

Now there on our private land and we have lots of cranes / forklifts, i sugested going over there and picking up there caravans and sticking them on the road and out of our way. would this be a good idea? if i had the backing of 50 or so site labourers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
if you out number them about 2-1, do it!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
_39503259_firle2_203.jpg

firle_bonfire_society_caravan_burning.jpg

:thumbsup:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
You know who the losers currently are,but sadly if you take the law into your own hands you could be in for a bit of role reversal.

Good luck with it,though.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Yeah a few pikeys came running at me a few months ago. f***ing weirdos. Get a real place to live scrounging low lives. They stink too.

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Easy does it. They're almost always double hard bastards, especially the skinny ginger ones for some reason.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I got beaten up by a couple of them, a few years ago, because I didn't sell them my dog ???

Scum of the Earth!!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
They´re not. They will try & intimidate but when faced with someone who will give it to them they shrink. It´s only when they have the upper hand do they perform.They´re game but there is only one way to deal with that, be just as game. I advocate picking up the caravans & putting them out, the only problem is they´ll probably take late night revenge. Best of luck.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Having watched Snatch, and therefore being well qualified to answer this question, I would suggest not to mess with them - they are surprisingly good at bareknuckle boxing.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I'm not sure about the Irish bit making any difference but a "friend" got turned into John Merrrick by a Gypsy's forehead after a disagreement in traffic, Gypsy's young son attacked the open top car with a hammer during this.
Despite witnesses and number plates being reported the police could do nothing.
SOME of them don't give a feck for the law like SOME non-Gypsies. Lock-up everything you can and keep a very close eye on them and above all BE CAREFUL.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
If the Council wants to, can it force Gypsies or Travellers off a site immediately?

No. The Council must:

* Be able to show that the Gypsies or Travellers are on land without consent
* Make enquiries about the general health and welfare of the Gypsies or Travellers
* Serve an official Notice asking the Gypsies or Travellers to leave the site.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Well 2 caravans have f***ed off, 6 more to go but they dont look like there moving anywhere. no doubt a lot of stuff will go missing this evening and over the weekend.

I have been tempted to fence them in with bloody big concrete blocks but not to sure if i should do that as i want them out. ill give them till 5 and see what happens, if there still there the cranes are coming out.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
how about a bribe? surely for a couple of grand per family they'd pack up and go?

I've thought about this but thought they might tell there pikey mates that were giving away free money and then we would be bloody skint and may aswell open up a free camp site and have hundreds of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here