• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:
You drink cider... with ICE!

Behold... The power of advertising!

It was also fashionable in Withnail and I....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:drink: Lovely stuff, why do people on here think lager is beer?

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
All bitter / ale is vile stuff.

Get thee behind me Satan. We have got you on to (almost) cider, it is only a matter of time before you are converted to the real stuff.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Being a delicate girlie I like the lighter bitters like Hophead & Pale Rider. However my favourite has to be Mango beer brewed by the Zero Degrees Microbrewery in Bristol. I could drink that all day!

John Smiths was about the only beer that you could get where I used to live in South Yorkshire. With so many independent breweries in that area it was such a shame that you could only get John Smiths in the local pubs & working mens clubs. They did give you a choice, you could have the electric pump or hand-pulled!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When we played Southampton, I was disgusted to find they only sell Tetleys at St Mary's. Hardly a local brew.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In Winter it's Guinness all the time except for Xmas when I DO look for Harvey's Old.

In summer it's Magners or Bulmers over ice. Or to be slightly more accurate it's sparkling wine, claret, Magners, unidentified guest ale and a bottle of Merlot.

*BURP*

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
You lot darn sarf are indeed lucky chaps and chapesses having the option to partake of such a celebrated ale.

I grew up in Lewes on Harveys, but having left God's own County Town some 24 years ago, I have to make do with the next best thing - Bitter & Twisted - from the Harvieston Brewery (less than 2 miles away).

Or a bottle or 2 or 3 of Deuchars IPA (am on my second as I type). mmmmmmmm.... :drink: :drink: :blush: :angel:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I found Twisted Thistle a reasonable Scottish brew. Nice long aftertaste. :drink:

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
dougdeep said:
I found Twisted Thistle a reasonable Scottish brew. Nice long aftertaste. :drink:

There's many an increasing number of small breweries in and around Stirling / Alloa / Falkirk area that have started better marketing of their brews. I don't actually know Twisted Thistle though.

Strangely enough Tesco up here seem to have a good range of local bottled ales.

:blush: :angel: :clap2:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Uncle Buck said:
He drank lighter fluid.

Is that really a bad thing?
makes you fart like a rhino - not a bad thing if your lady likes that kind of thing

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Because we have only one pub in London, access to Harveys is limited.

Because of that it is an absolute treat to have a pint of it.

I am VERY disappointed if I enter a pub in Brighton and it isn't available.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
clapham_gull said:
I am VERY disappointed if I enter a pub in Brighton and it isn't available.
I know what you mean.

The only two exceptions in the City Centre for which I can forgive this abberation is The Basketmakers (their HSB is damn fine) and the Evening Star. Both within puking distance of you know where...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here