Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone In Thread...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
London Irish said:
What's this myth about him alienating loads of players come from? We're talking about Knight, an utter piss artist, and Big Mac, who is unhappy that he's been placed on the transfer list by the manager. Who else? Even Jarrett in a rare display of maturity has kept his gob shut after being moved on. CKR said he should be playing, well, the lad has talent, but he was a long way 3rd in effectiveness of the 3 guys we played up front tonight!

Very true.

There seem to be a couple of players who are disruptive at a time when it's vital team spirit is good. One has gone. Any others who step out of line have to go too.

I think McGhee would do well not to be so public with his criticism at times, but don't disagree with the job he's doing overall.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Amazing thread.Nothing i've read on here should alter our 100% backing of McGhee.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I thought I heard you on there Porky!

Who is this United you speak of?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Trigger said:
Big Mac wouldn't be the one sacrificed if he hadn't spoken up on Leon's behalf, it would be fair to assume.

That is a fairly big assumption.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
e77 said:
That is a fairly big assumption.
And one I believe is true after listening to the phone in, a lady fan went on the radio and mentioned McCammon had said this to her and when questioned by Harty Big Mac did not deny it...

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Trigger said:
And one I believe is true after listening to the phone in, a lady fan went on the radio and mentioned McCammon had said this to her and when questioned by Harty Big Mac did not deny it...

The programme seller woman? Firstly, if he did say that to her and she calls herself a fan she could have kept her mouth shut about it as it doesn't really help matters.

Mark McGammon is paid to play (or at the moment not play) football for Brighton and Hove Albion, not hang around with Leon Knight. Sadly, I can't see many clubs queueing up to sign him if he is let go at the end of the season.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
All in all possibly a more entertaining phone-in than the 90 mins that came before it.
Despite having experienced quite a bit in my time watching the Albion I have to admit I found the Mark McCammon extremely surreal.
I have an opinion which as much as I like the bloke off the field I don't believe he is good enough to play at this level, even when fully fit, I'd imagine I'm not alone in thinking this.
If he was playing for the Albion for nothing, just enjoyment, and I was turning up to watch the matches free of charge, then it would only be right to keep those opinions to myself, but I'm not.
Regardless of my BBC duties I am a season ticket holder and have been for a number of years so therefore that expenditure entitles me to express my opinion, whether or not I've ever played professional football or not.
To be honest he caught me a bit off guard, if only for the way that he appeaered to criticise both his teamates and the Albion support, my critics will say he got the better of me, and he probably did, which in itself is an opinion that anyone is entitled.
It made great radio, I certainly admire him for having the balls to come on and have a go back but in hindsight bearing in mind what he said in the cold light of day will he regret coming on?
One things for sure we'll probably get a trailer for the phone-in on the back of what happened tonight, so its not all bad!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ian
Take a bow you have put the final nail in the trolleys coffin(the undertaker strikes again)
The bloke is a useless twat that earns 3 grand a week and he has a go at us fans

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Harty said:
All in all possibly a more entertaining phone-in than the 90 mins that came before it.
Despite having experienced quite a bit in my time watching the Albion I have to admit I found the Mark McCammon extremely surreal.
I have an opinion which as much as I like the bloke off the field I don't believe he is good enough to play at this level, even when fully fit, I'd imagine I'm not alone in thinking this.
If he was playing for the Albion for nothing, just enjoyment, and I was turning up to watch the matches free of charge, then it would only be right to keep those opinions to myself, but I'm not.
Regardless of my BBC duties I am a season ticket holder and have been for a number of years so therefore that expenditure entitles me to express my opinion, whether or not I've ever played professional football or not.
To be honest he caught me a bit off guard, if only for the way that he appeaered to criticise both his teamates and the Albion support, my critics will say he got the better of me, and he probably did, which in itself is an opinion that anyone is entitled.
It made great radio, I certainly admire him for having the balls to come on and have a go back but in hindsight bearing in mind what he said in the cold light of day will he regret coming on?
One things for sure we'll probably get a trailer for the phone-in on the back of what happened tonight, so its not all bad!

:clap2: :clap2:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Harty said:

For any limitations he may have as a football he is good on radio.

Can't SCR find a job for him?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Harty said:
Maybe we could be the Smashy and Nicey of the 21st century?

Well he may have some time on his hands on Saturday's for the next few months after tonight's call!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
There was some accident near falmer last night, so all the traffic got dirverted down coldean lane and haveing been on the park and ride to mithrus house i ended up getting home later than normal so only managed to catch the last few seconds of mccammon on the radio. Is there anyway that i be able to hear it again somewhere?

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
vulture said:
Ian

The bloke is a useless twat that earns 3 grand a week and he has a go at us fans

.........whereas you are just an ignorant twat whose opinions are formed in crayon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here