Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone In Thread...

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
but he shouldn't be aairing his differences with McGhee in public. There's only one winner in that battle, and that's McGhee :)

But McGhee can air his differences in public?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Lawro's Lip said:
Its different. He's the manager.

Sorry that's crap.

If they've got issues the place to deal with them is internally.

Saying that though Magoo walks on water on here so he can do what he likes and people will say he's right :rolleyes:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Trigger said:
All these in house arguments going on always seem to be between <Insert name here> & Magoo.

Wow-staff and management not seeing eye to eye? That's something new.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Safeway said:
Really? I'm of the opinion that no public feud can be good for a club and that what goes on in the dressing room/on the training pitch should stay there.

How often do you see top managers publicly slating their players?

:clap2:

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Safeway said:
Really? I'm of the opinion that no public feud can be good for a club and that what goes on in the dressing room/on the training pitch should stay there.

I agree its not something he should do too often. But sometimes it's necessary.

KinkyNormanBaker said:
So its ok for mcghee to do it?
Yes, he's the manager, he has the right to say what he likes to the press about our players, and players have to either knuckle down or ship out. The reality is, in going on the radio tonight, Big Mac was saying he's shipping out.

I have some sympathy for him and wish him luck at his next club, he's been unlucky with injuries but has done OK for us this year without ever being the final answer to our striker pairing. Financial circumstances dictate he has to go to bring in another player though, and I admire McGhee even more for taking such a tough decision.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Yes, he's the manager, he has the right to say what he likes to the press about our players, and players have to either knuckle down or ship out. The reality is, in going on the radio tonight, Big Mac was saying he's shipping out.

I have some sympathy for him and wish him luck at his next club, he's been unlucky with injuries but has done OK for this year. Financial circumstances dictate he has to go to bring in another player though, and I admire McGhee even more for taking such a tough decision.
How is it a tough decision, McCammon would not be going anywhere if he hadn't stuck up for Leon Knight, Magoo certainly has a chip on his shoulder.

Safeway said:

Find me the quote where he's slated Big Mac. What we learnt about the extent of their differences came entirely from the player tonight.

I can find you plenty of quotes where you've slated Big Mac though :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:

I have some sympathy for him and wish him luck at his next club, he's been unlucky with injuries but has done OK for us this year without ever being the final answer to our striker pairing. Financial circumstances dictate he has to go to bring in another player though, and I admire McGhee even more for taking such a tough decision.

Yeah our squad's SO big Magoo can keep alienating players because of all the signings we've made to replace them.
Brilliant :shootself

Trigger said:
How is it a tough decision, McCammon would not be going anywhere if he hadn't stuck up for Leon Knight, Magoo certainly has a chip on his shoulder.
Eh? What's it got to do with Leon Knight? We're shipping Big Mac out because we need the money for a new guy, Lewes having robbed us off what little money we had a few months ago.

gerbil said:
Yeah our squad's SO big Magoo can keep alienating players because of all the signings we've made to replace them.
Brilliant :shootself

What's this myth about him alienating loads of players come from? We're talking about Knight, an utter piss artist, and Big Mac, who is unhappy that he's been placed on the transfer list by the manager. Who else? Even Jarrett in a rare display of maturity has kept his gob shut after being moved on. CKR said he should be playing, well, the lad has talent, but he was a long way 3rd in effectiveness of the 3 guys we played up front tonight!

Contrast that with Alexis Nicolas, who has every right to be as narked off as the others, but has pledged his loyalty to the Albion and has praised McGhee for keeping him informed about his important future role in the squad.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Eh? What's it got to do with Leon Knight? We're shipping Big Mac out because we need the money for a new guy, Lewes having robbed us off what little money we had a few months ago.
Big Mac wouldn't be the one sacrificed if he hadn't spoken up on Leon's behalf, it would be fair to assume.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
What's this myth about him alienating loads of players come from? We're talking about Knight, an utter piss artist, and Big Mac, who is unhappy that he's been placed on the transfer list by the manager. Who else? Even Jarrett in a rare display of maturity has kept his gob shut after being moved on. CKR said he should be playing, well, the lad has talent, but he was a long way 3rd in effectiveness of the 3 guys we played up front tonight!

Contrast that with Alexis Nicolas, who has every right to be as narked off as the others, but has pledged his loyalty to the Albion and has praised McGhee for keeping him informed about his important future role in the squad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Knight and Trolley are both strikers.

We then hear that we are in desperate need of.........................wait for it............................................................
A STRIKER.

Sometimes I really wish you were our manager :dunce:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Is McCammon actually transfer listed then?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
London Irish said:
Is this Harty's time of the month? Why is he so miserable and talking about "entertainment"? It's about getting points to keep us up, Ian, and we got one more tonight!

Worst game at Withdean? You'd hope the phone-in host would at least remember 12 months ago at Withdean when we lost 1-0 to a Burnley side that were far lower down the table than the team we played tonight.

He sounded depressed when i was on and asked whether i thought i had been entertained tonight........i deflected the question by saying we're not chelsea or man utd and wont entertain the crowd for 46 games a season

Was gonna mention the whingers on here and at the game but he cut me off :(

McCammon was class though,thoroughly enjoyed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here