Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Comments Re Withdean!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Was Harty right to bring up changes at withdean re moving seats etc?

I would have to say yes we look like being there for a good while yet even when we get the final go ahead for falmer.

Moving the seats sounds a great idea to me, better atmosphere closer to the action etc It would certainly improve the withdean experience for many and may even encourage the people who stay away due to the poor atmosphere. A roof would be great but would probably be more expensive.

Could'nt the user's of the track use the very under used one a Lewes foe a while?

Brighton Council to me have always done the bare minimum where we are concerned they could hardly not give us planning permission as they would have been crucified by the public but they hardy have treid to accomodate us a withdean. Look at Milton Keynes they bent over backwards to get a football league side in their city shame that some of their councillors are not our representatives!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Why should the runners have to go to Lewes? we didn't like going to Gillingham so why should they be made to go to Lewes - the track was at Withdean along time before we were.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Moving the seats onto the running track and obviously closer to the pitch.

Which would mean the athletics club moving for a period and the schools who use it going somewhere else as well.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Barnham Seagull said:
Moving the seats onto the running track and obviously closer to the pitch.

Which would mean the athletics club moving for a period and the schools who use it going somewhere else as well.

And why should they?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lord Bracknell said:
How many athletics clubs use Withdean?

Is it three?

No idea, but i don't see why they should move just for us. Sorry if thats not going with a pro Albion everyone should do what we want stance but i don't think clubs etc that have been using it for years should be forced out.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Goring Gull said:
No idea, but i don't see why they should move just for us. Sorry if thats not going with a pro Albion everyone should do what we want stance but i don't think clubs etc that have been using it for years should be forced out.
Yeah, lets not get TOO comfortable....Withers is Temporary, we aren't staying and don't want to stay.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
This is what is needed to get more people ...

ShowPictures.pl

:clap:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Goring Gull said:
Got to agree with GG. How can we talk about building a community stadium whilst kicking other sports clubs out of the one we have at the moment. I'd rather see a roof get built anyway

1066gull

That would not be fair on the athletics clubs.

We may as well kiss good buy to our status of a community club.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Goring Gull said:

oh do be quiet please, you are one of the people on this board making it tedius to read...being in hudderfield has obviously rotted whatever brain you had before you moved into that cesspit.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
butchy said:
oh do be quiet please, you are one of the people on this board making it tedius to read...being in hudderfield has obviously rotted whatever brain you had before you moved into that cesspit.

So right it's ok then to just kick a few athletics clubs out as long as we are ok then? But it's not alright that Falmer residenst don't want a stadium on their doorstep because it doesn't suit the Albion

Double standards me thinks.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
butchy said:
its not your particular comments on this topic that irritate me its the general drivel that you post-how do you ignore someone again?

Don't read it. Should be simple enough.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Goring Gull said:
So right it's ok then to just kick a few athletics clubs out as long as we are ok then? But it's not alright that Falmer residenst don't want a stadium on their doorstep because it doesn't suit the Albion

Double standards me thinks.

I couldn't agree more GG....There is no way this would get the go ahead and I hope it does not. Why after three promotions and some of the best football this club has ever produced, do we always go back to the Withdean is shit story when we have a few poor results. I can just imagine the phone in after a couple of seasons of playing at Falmer...People moaning that we should have stayed at Withdean because we have lost a couple of games and the 'atmosphere' isn't as good as it was at the Withdean.

FFS get a grip. I remember standing out the Goldstone some weeks and you could hear a pin drop - and that was in the North Stand! Our home support has never been the most vocal.

The reason why Withdean is shit is because alot of supporters just sit in the South Stand moaning at the players week in week out.
I just wish people would stop using Withdean as an excuse for not being vocal enough as supporters at home games.I can remember loads of occasions where the atmosphere at Withdean has been amazing(Swindon play-offs, Reading evening game, Mansfield, Peterborough, etc,etc).

It makes me laugh when I hear of people saying that the players feel de-motivated when they play at Withdean...What a load of crap...When I see Colchester playing every other week at a dump like Layer Road and their players don't seem to have any problems being motivated! Perhaps we have used Withdean as an excuse for too long both as a club and as supporters.

In the meantime I really feel that forcing out the athletics clubs based at Withdean will only add to animosity against the club at a time when we need everyone on our side. It'll also make us look like hideous hypocrites as we promised we'd have a minimal impact on Withdean while it was our temporary home when we were applying to the council to play there.

Oh and one other thing...I think that the Council own the ground, we would have to apply for planning permission from them to make any changes to the structure of the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here