Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty upsets the leeds fan

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
It was an opinion piece, I've never purported to be a journalist, just a football fan who has the privilege, and it is, of a platform for his views.

I passionate about the Albion, as Leeds fans are about their club, but I am worried that the Albion could end up being the innocent but ultimately wounded party because of Ken Bates flexing his 'big club' muscle.

They were punished, had points deducted, why didn't they just take it on the chin and get on with it at the start of the season?

They made a great start and all was going well until Poyet went to Spurs, but whose fault is that?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Harty is right though.................

He is getting like Ken Bates.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was an opinion piece, I've never purported to be a journalist, just a football fan who has the privilege, and it is, of a platform for his views.

Maybe. But you did actually state the reason for the points deductions Ian and got it quite wrong. There are a million and one threads (give or take) on this very fine messageboard that detail what the points deduction was actually for.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's never happened before, which is how Leeds are aguing the case about the 15 points.

Nothing in the rule book actually says what happens if you come out of admin without a CVA.

What it says is that is the league preferred way unless they are exceptional circumstances. The league agreed there were exceptional circumstances then slapped the point ban on.

Like it or not, this was always going to end up in the courts.

Having re-read that article I posted on the 5 points thread, it's not actually ending up in court but an arbitration panel.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having re-read that article I posted on the 5 points thread, it's not actually ending up in court but an arbitration panel.

The process still went via the courts I understand Yorkie. What happens in the panel in legally binding I presume and the original court action frozen or something.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The process still went via the courts I understand Yorkie. What happens in the panel in legally binding I presume and the original court action frozen or something.[/QUOTE

I dont think Arbitration is legally binding.

I thought arbitration COULD be legalling binding, in that if both parties agree to the decision they can't later go back on it or take a High Court Action later.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought arbitration COULD be legalling binding, in that if both parties agree to the decision they can't later go back on it or take a High Court Action later.

You could be quite right there, though can you see either of them agreeing? The FL aren't going to want to give them any points back and Leeds are going to want all 15. If Leeds get any chance to get points back then surely they will see the weakness in the case and try and get 15 from the courts instead.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Why Oh Why Do Fellow Bha Fans Always Have A Pop At Harty,he Is A Legend,so He Got A Few Things Wrong,end Of The Day You Can Clearly See Whats He Is Saying,give Him A Break Eh

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why Oh Why Do Fellow Bha Fans Always Have A Pop At Harty,he Is A Legend,so He Got A Few Things Wrong,end Of The Day You Can Clearly See Whats He Is Saying,give Him A Break Eh

Not sure anyone is having a go, only that he wrote a column that was factually very inaccurate.

If you are going to have something published like that, you are probably best advised to get the facts right.

I'm sure he's learnt his lesson naughty boy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Leeds United agreed to the 15-point deduction.

It didn't stop them trying to turn it round later though, did it?

Different set of circumstances, they HAD to agree to it, which I understand has a bearing in law. They also said they didn't agree with the 15 points deduction and would appeal immediately.

Which they did.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Not sure anyone is having a go, only that he wrote a column that was factually very inaccurate.

If you are going to have something published like that, you are probably best advised to get the facts right.

I'm sure he's learnt his lesson naughty boy.

Thank you Clapham, given the extensive e-mail abuse I have received predominantly from the North of England in the last two hours, it will be a lesson learnt for some time.

And thanks to you Bozza:)angel:) for your pearls of wisdom.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
With points deductions for other circumstances (like administration) etc - don't other clubs HAVE to agree?
What makes Leeds so different?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thank you Clapham, given the extensive e-mail abuse I have received predominantly from the North of England in the last two hours, it will be a lesson learnt for some time.

And thanks to you Bozza:)angel:) for your pearls of wisdom.

Did they go something along the lines of

Dear Mr Hart

I very, very sorry to interupt your busy schedule, but as a Leeds fan and a long admirer of your show and support of that lovely team from Brighton, I would like to point out that....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here