Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty upsets the leeds fan

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
To be honest I am suprised the article has sparked such a reaction it is after all a fans view of events. Why so many Leeds fans are up in arms is beyond me I mean its only the Worthing Herald for christs sake.

Thought Harty made some good points about the big club mentality and the sentiment about how any points reversal would impact on the Albion is spot on

I thought arbitration COULD be legalling binding, in that if both parties agree to the decision they can't later go back on it or take a High Court Action later.

I agree.

Curiously, Ken Bates seems to be under the impression that when both parties have already agreed to a fifteen points deduction, he can later go back on it and take a High Court Action.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree.

Curiously, Ken Bates seems to be under the impression that when both parties have already agreed to a fifteen points deduction, he can later go back on it and take a High Court Action.

Thing is LB as I posted above, they didn't have a choice and have always given their intention to appeal.

Not that I want to see them get them back.

Thing is LB as I posted above, they didn't have a choice and have always given their intention to appeal.

Not that I want to see them get them back.
Yes they did have a choice. They had the choice to go the AFC Wimbledon route back into the Champion's League ... starting in the Leeds Red Triangle Division Two.

Don't forget ... at the beginning of the season Ken Bates' football club was an entirely new organisation, unconnected with the Leeds United FC who were relegated from the Championship last season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes they did have a choice. They had the choice to go the AFC Wimbledon route back into the Champion's League ... starting in the Leeds Red Triangle Division Two.

Don't forget ... at the beginning of the season Ken Bates' football club was an entirely new organisation, unconnected to the Leeds United FC who were relegated from the Championship last season.

I think that's stretching it a bit to be honest. The league didn't offer them that "choice". The precedent would probably have been Boston and relegate them two leagues.

I'm playing devils advocate over this, there shouldn't have been a chance for Leeds to appeal but it would appear that even in a small way there is.

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
After reading the article I didn't think anything of it and still don't it's not even that bad in my opinion. Why are they getting so touchy?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest I am suprised the article has sparked such a reaction it is after all a fans view of events. Why so many Leeds fans are up in arms is beyond me I mean its only the Worthing Herald for christs sake.

To be fair, I think you're forgetting some of the red-faced reactions on here to various anti-Falmer letters/articles in obscure East Sussex local papers.

It's their cause, and they're very worked up about it. None of which means Harty or anyone else isn't entitled to question their version of events.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wasn't aware that the Worthing Herald was so popular in West Yorkshire.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
To be fair, I think you're forgetting some of the red-faced reactions on here to various anti-Falmer letters/articles in obscure East Sussex local papers.

It's their cause, and they're very worked up about it. None of which means Harty or anyone else isn't entitled to question their version of events.

To be honest I can understand a reaction to something in an obscure East Sussex paper about Falmer as it is still fairly local. Why a Leeds fan would take issue with something written in a tiny column in a local paper 200 miles away is beyond me!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest I can understand a reaction to something in an obscure East Sussex paper about Falmer as it is still fairly local. Why a Leeds fan would take issue with something written in a tiny column in a local paper 200 miles away is beyond me!!

Because it's published on the internet ? Also as stated above it's their battle and they are very touchy about it, in exactly the same way we react to an even more obscure one sentance comment on the Argus website from some random nutter.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

How did they know? Did one irate Leeds fan living in exile in Worthing alert all his fellow fans?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Because it's published on the internet ? Also as stated above it's their battle and they are very touchy about it, in exactly the same way we react to an even more obscure one sentance comment on the Argus website from some random nutter.

But we live in a society of mixed opinion and the internet allows us all to express that (NSC being an example). I have read ill informed comments about Falmer but have never felt the need to threaten to burn someones house down.

Also we are more likely to react to something on the Argus website as it is a local paper so is more likely to impact on local opinion.

Yes they are touchy about it and obviously these are nervous times for Leeds fans but why they seem to care so much for a small column seems bizarre to me. But hey that is just my opinion

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
. . . . . in exactly the same way we react to an even more obscure one sentence comment on the Argus website from some random nutter.

I hope you were not comparing Harty with a random nutter. Let me tell you, "There is nothing random about Ian."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here