Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

harty spouting about potential new investors and men with money...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cocksucker Blue said:
too much of a gamble to invest before Falmer surely? The club is little more than a name and a payroll at the moment.

which hits the nail squarly on the head.

Its a chicken and egg situation, or catch 22 or whatever you want to call it, but that is the problem we all see and that is why the delays in Falmer is so fecking frustrating.

Just think what we could have done with the 3 million squids we have spent on this application

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
But there's no such thing as an INVESTOR in any football club, especially ours at the moment.

People who put money into football clubs know that there will be no return. It's a gift, donation but certainly not an investment.

thank goodness we have some of thoses as fans cos without them we'd be gone.

Harty - will you and DTG as he now seems to be a permenant fixture on your show - also please tell anyone else that comes on saying we won't get Falmer if we go down - THAT THE DECISION RUTH KELLY MAKES WILL NOT BE INFLUENCED BY WHAT LEAGUE WE ARE IN!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Caveman said:
No and that is my argument, why keep on about it unless you have some sort of revelation?

I agree with your point, its a good one and well made, however,,,,,

I think the point that people are trying to make is that there are rich people around who will invest, of that there is no doubt, following on from that is are these people prepared to take the gamble...we do not know, we dont know if the board have asked...we will never know...it doesnt stop people from speculating though

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
But there's no such thing as an INVESTOR in any football club, especially ours at the moment.

People who put money into football clubs know that there will be no return. It's a gift, donation but certainly not an investment.

thank goodness we have some of thoses as fans cos without them we'd be gone.

Harty - will you and DTG as he now seems to be a permenant fixture on your show - also please tell anyone else that comes on saying we won't get Falmer if we go down - THAT THE DECISION RUTH KELLY MAKES WILL NOT BE INFLUENCED BY WHAT LEAGUE WE ARE IN!

absolutely....but for the sanity of us all, a drop in division would be disaaterous

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
I suppose the only positive point to come out this is that at LEAST another Archer won't even remotely be interested in us as we own absolutely f*** all and can't be turned into another Toys R Us. I knew there was a positive somewhere:lolol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
burrish gull said:
I suppose the only positive point to come out this is that at LEAST another Archer won't even remotely be interested in us as we own absolutely f*** all and can't turned into another Toys R Us. I knew there was a positive somewhere:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
burrish gull said:
I suppose the only positive point to come out this is that at LEAST another Archer won't even remotely be interested in us as we own absolutely f*** all and can't be turned into another Toys R Us. I knew there was a positive somewhere:lolol:

sad but true :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FFS I am staggered by the amount of ignorance in relation to basic finance here.

It does not matter whether we have Falmer or not, anyone 'investing' in the Albion will not make any money out of the venture.

The operational income generated from Falmer, even on gates of 12,000, will be used to pay off the interest costs on the sums borrowed by the club. If crowds exceed that level, (and let us be honest, on the current standard of football that is unlikely), then either

1. The excess money will be used to pay back the loans faster OR
2. The money will be ploughed back into the club via new signings and higher wages.

However, if the crowds are below the breakeven figure then the board will have to subsidise the club, as they have done for the last 9 years.

This is common with the vast majority of clubs, unless they have no ambition, such as the likes of Rochdale. Palace have far bigger crowds than us, but are wholly dependent on Simon Jordan putting in a few million each year to keep them afloat. As much as I loathe the Orange one, he is honest when he admits he will never see the majority of that money again.

The money that DK and the other directors have 'invested' in the club is their equivalent of us giving to the 40 notes fund, except on a much bigger scale.

If there are people sitting in the wings who are wealthy, then if they want to give some cash to the club it is a labour of love. The green light to Falmer will not give them any more security in relation to their investment, as the banks and other lenders will have first call on the stadium and other fixed assets owned by the club.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Exactly El P !

And we are back to my original post.

Has anyone offered cash to DK and been rebuffed because of attached 'conditions' ?

Originally posted by Harty:
As it turns out there are two people who were both sitting in the North Stand yesterday who have effectively kept the club afloat in the last two years by putting in more money than Dick Knight has put up in his entire time as chairman.

That's fascinating. Are they directors / shareholders / creditors ? or do they just give wads of cash to DK/MP when we need it with no strings attached ?

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I think there were a number of financial obilgations that had to be met at various times and these individuals came up with the money at the right time, ie stopped the club from further problems.

Another point to clarify from earlier in this thread, I never originally stated that DK's phone was switched off on deadline day, it was reported by OAPDODGE on another thread.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Harty said:
I think there were a number financial obilgations that had to be met at various times and these individuals came up with the money at the right time, ie stopped the club from furhter problems.

That's fascinating. Are they directors / shareholders / creditors ? or do they just give wads of cash to DK/MP when we need it with no strings attached ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty said:
Another point to clarify from earlier in this thread, I never originally stated that DK's phone was switched off on deadline day, it was reported by OAPDODGE on another thread.

Using that theory you might quote what Adrie says as hearsay at some point :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty said:
Who is Adrie?

Keep up at the back please - the fount of all NSC knowledge

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty said: