Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

harty spouting about potential new investors and men with money...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of the people that Harty spoke of are already keeping this club afloat by not investment, because that indicates wanting a return on your money, but by donation.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
yes its robbie sorry , no but he seems a good egg, local man come good and his xmas decs for charity were superb :clap:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BensGrandad said:
A lot of the people that Harty spoke of are already keeping this club afloat by not investment, because that indicates wanting a return on your money, but by donation.

Examples ? Do these appear in the club accounts anywhere ?

Are we talking about the sort of money that would bring in and pay wages for decent players (i.e. £100k+)

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Titanic said:
Examples ? Do these appear in the club accounts anywhere ?

Are we talking about the sort of money that would bring in and pay wages for decent players (i.e. £100k+)

Yes they do appear in the club accounts, and yes they have been paying the wages or contributing for some considerable time. Without their money we would have been long gone.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So not exactly what Harty was suggesting then ?

He was clearly talking about 'investors' putting new money into the club to buy players and improve performances on the pitch.

No sign of that being anything other than hot air, is there ??

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We all know that potential investors will not invest in something they cannot see a return on....that is the issue.

garry Lineker said when part of the consortium taking over Leicester City that there was no such thing as an investor in a club, just donors, as anyone in their right mind would never expect return of their investment in a football club.

DK's return on his " investment " would be control over the club and the highs and lows of supporting a club he loves. That is obvious.

harty's point was right...there are people sat around who are seriously wealthy, but it is also obvious that these people have not come forward. If you were DK for a moment and some bloke today came over with 5 million pounds and said " right here is £5 million, I want in and control of the club", what would you do?

1. he has been blamed for the sacking of a manager
2. he has appointed an inexperienced manager who is stufggling ( early days yet!!!)
3. he has a property in Spain and its very nice in Spain weatherwise
4. he has been royally f***ed about by John Prescott, LDC, Falmer Residents, Withdean residents, Some f***ing bunch of woodcutters who "protect " the downs so they can hunt foxes on them, lawyers, etc, etc.
5. people are leaving the club in droves
6. people demanded extra seats cos they couldn't get to see the club play - they went in and now nobody wants them
7. people wanted the ticketting system better as they coulkdnt be arsed to collect from the club shop, so he made sure you could order and still collect them at the ground.

there are more, but you know them.

Now as I say you are DK, what do you do?

Say f*** off you ungrateful shits, or do you stick by it and see out your dream, that is walking out at Falmer in front of 22k people, all who have drunk in the concourse bars, had decent food instead of the slop served up ( £3.50 for a cardboard and "cheese" slop) - with FORKS - and are sitting under cover, RAISING THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I know what I would do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if one of those, lets use Fatboy as an example, suddenly decided to put in £20m he is not an investor because he already has put money into the club. Or if any of the existing directors increase their investment that they have already made they are not investors.

It doesnt have to be a new person it could well be that some of those with money in the club at the moment will increase it when the time is right. That doesnt make them any less fans just proves that they are prudent with their money.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Oh dear, unfortunately there seems to be many many fans who havent actually realised that in the last 10 years football has become a profit and loss business like any other.

Would you risk your millionaire lifesytle to invest in a football club without planning permission for its survival ? You might, but many of these guys who really DO have the money are too used to having it just to give it away.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
So if one of those, lets use Fatboy as an example, suddenly decided to put in £20m he is not an investor because he already has put money into the club. Or if any of the existing directors increase their investment that they have already made they are not investors.

It doesnt have to bea new person it could well be that some of thiose with moneyin the club at the moment will increase it when the time is right. That doesnt make them any less fans just proves that they are prudent with their money.

run that one past me again Brian

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dave the Gaffer said:
Now as I say you are DK, what do you do?

Say f*** off you ungrateful shits, or do you stick by it and see out your dream, that is walking out at Falmer in front of 22k people, all who have drunk in the concourse bars, had decent food instead of the slop served up ( £3.50 for a cardboard and "cheese" slop) - with FORKS - and are sitting under cover, RAISING THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I know what I would do.

I would say f*** OFF FANS and knit my blue and white scarves under the awning of life watching my little team battle away week in week out and be overjoyed when you all come storming back into Falmer thinking its all your own doing, and I have the joy of saying "I TOLD YOU WE'D MAKE IT"...

So NER!!

(Well said Dave :cool: )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where does Raggio's money come from? Surely not just teh car wash at Hove Station?

Still if he were on board, perhaps he could bring some of his Freemason pals with him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave the Gaffer said:
run that one past me again Brian

Titanic is implying that when Harty said about the people in the North Stand worth a few bob, they are not investors or true fans or they would have come forward with money before now, and that there are no indications that anybody else has been refused the opportunity to invest.

I was trying to point out that to be an investor it does not have to be somebody new. It could be somebody like Fatboy Slim or one of the existing directors who have invested money in the club wishing to increase their investment. This in effect is new investment and because they are not prepared to 'throw their money away' at the moment does not make them any less of a fan, it just proves that they are careful with what money they do have.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ah right...the first post I take it was a translation from the original Macedonian and didnt come over that well.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Good point though.....which is the argument for our friend Mr Bloom and the family I suppose

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rougvie said:

Would you risk your millionaire lifesytle to invest in a football club without planning permission for its survival ?

Why not? That's exactly what DK did

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Makes you wonder really how the figures for building Falmer are going to add up to make £50million or whatever it will be in a couple of years ?
Naming rights, sponsorships etc aren't going to bring in too much money for a struggling League 1 or 2 team and a lot of teams have gone into financial freefall after building a new ground as they've borrowed too much to build it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Millionaires do not travel second class to London on a train using a Senior Citizens card unless they're tight as f*** :angry: :angry: :angry:

Or travel first class to Durham like he did with me - Sunderland away !

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As Harty said, if (and it is a big if) someone is waiting in the wings with a large amount of money are they going to hand it over without having a say in how it is spent?

In other words, would DK stand down if a suitable benefator came along?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here