Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

harty spouting about potential new investors and men with money...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
desprateseagull said:
just a thought, why is the 'community' stadium right on the outskirts of town, and only reaslistically accesible by car/train..?

Becasue the majority of new stadia are these days

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If the phone in is supposed to be an open agenda, then why does Harty use it to put his own agenda across & either ridicule callers or cut them off if they disagree? Maybe McGhee should'nt have been the only casualty in the summer?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
desprateseagull said:
just a thought, why is the 'community' stadium right on the outskirts of town, and only reaslistically accesible by car/train..?

Or by bus (25 or 28/29)

How else are people meant to get to it? Helicopter?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Certainly a full and frank exchange of opinions, just how it should be.
First up the hidden agenda theory gets an outing AGAIN, so lets once AGAIN state my postion.

DICK KNIGHT, with the help of the massed ranks of the Albion fans, SAVED THE CLUB, it is possible that if hadn't been on hand then another saviour might have come along, but we will never actually know if that is the case.

I've never really got close in the same way of messrs Samrah, Baine and the lovely Mrs Costa, but that was by choice, the Gulls Eye team were invited to various meetings right out the outset but chose to stay outside the loop and the main reason for that was we had been duped by messrs Archer, Stanley and Bellotti, very much a case of once bitten twice shy.....

As a person I like Dick Knight, he's witty, intelligent and very good company. we don't agree on everything, a mild understatement, but I don't agree with Mrs Hart on everything and we've been married for 16 years.

The tone of yesterdays show was almost bordering on gallows humour, it was a dark moment in my 33years of supporting the Albion because its farily clear that unless something miraculous happens you don't have to be Theo Kojak to work out whats coming up.

I'm sorry if I offend people but to my mind as important as the Falmer stadium issue is it has been used over the years as a smokescreen to hide other failings. The LDC saga the latest excuse, last week on the phone-in Martin Perry all but blamed the Chesterfield defeat on Lewes Council!!! Answers on a postcard please........

As for the potential investors in the North Stand, I stand by what I said, there are a number of wealthy people supporting the Albion that may want to invest, but they haven't become wealthy people by having no control over their investments. As it turns out there are two people who were both sitting in the North Stand yesterday who have effectively kept the club afloat in the last two years by putting in more money than Dick Knight has put up in his entire time as chairman.

This post is already too long so to sum up, like thousands of other fans I want what is best for the Albion, if everyone else has that same goal then we can't go wrong.

:albion:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Personally I thought the phone in was poor on Saturday, Harty was clearly having a swipe at the club any chance he could and was sniggering like a child with that Dave fella in the background. But then playing it down by saying "well people will come on and call me a provocateur, when I haven't said anything wrong etc". All sounded very childish.

Last edited:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
I don't particularly have anything against Ian Hart but if he wants to get political about the goings on at the club I just wish he'd start something like Gulls Eye up again. To me that was the best way to get his views across, not the BBC, who are so wound up in red tape they get very touchy about potentially libeling anyone.

I agree I got a pissed off on saturday with the sniggering going on in the background, not very professional, but then BBC SC Radio is'nt very professional is it.:p

Last edited:

Cocksucker Blue

Sep 3, 2006
The think is, if you were an investor you might as well wait until the club has hit rock bottom as you could snap the club up a lot cheaper.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cocksucker Blue said:
The think is, if you were an investor you might as well wait until the club has hit rock bottom as you could snap the club up a lot cheaper.

Yep or when Falmer is signed off and being built

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
burrish gull said:
I don't particularly have anything against Ian Hart but if he wants to get political about the goings on at the club I just wish he'd start something like Gulls Eye up again. To me that was the best way to get his views across, not the BBC, who are so wound up in red tape they get very touchy about potentially libeling anyone.

I agree I got a pissed off on saturday with the sniggering going on in the background, not very professional, but then BBC SC Radio is'nt very professional is it.:p

blimey...you get all serious and you get slagged off and you try and lighten the mood and you get slagged off.

It is a good time to be a supporter isn't it

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Harty said:
As it turns out there are two people who were both sitting in the North Stand yesterday who have effectively kept the club afloat in the last two years by putting in more money than Dick Knight has put up in his entire time as chairman.

That's fascinating. Are they directors / shareholders / creditors ? or do they just give wads of cash to DK/MP when we need it with no strings attached ?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Caveman and Burrish don't know what phone-in you listened to on Saturday but whatever it was I wasn't on it!
Did one on Sunday though............

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Dave the Gaffer said:
blimey...you get all serious and you get slagged off and you try and lighten the mood and you get slagged off.

It is a good time to be a supporter isn't it

Not slagging anyone off Dave, just an opinion I had about sundays phone in. I actually like the fact your on the radio, its gives a more balanced view, its just frustraing to here all the innuendo going on about the club but not hearing the full facts. I suspect Harty is as frustrated about things as we are but his position is compromised by being a presenter on the BBC.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Caveman said:
Part of the problem, would any of these people who "might" want to invest actually..

A/ Speak up... and...

B/ Do it before Falmer comes along.....?

would you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
burrish gull said:
Not slagging anyone off Dave, just an opinion I had about sundays phone in. I actually like the fact your on the radio, its gives a more balanced view, its just frustraing to here all the innuendo going on about the club but not hearing the full facts. I suspect Harty is as frustrated about things as we are but his position is compromised by being a presenter on the BBC.

Ok mate..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Harty said:
the Falmer stadium issue is it has been used over the years as a smokescreen to hide other failings. The LDC saga the latest excuse, last week on the phone-in Martin Perry all but blamed the Chesterfield defeat on Lewes Council!!! Answers on a postcard please........
:albion:

:D Look, if someone said why did El Abd and Lynch miss basic headers against Chesterfied that led to our downfall, and answered, it's because of Anne de Vecchi, I would agree that would be patently absurd and you'd be right to take the piss a bit.

But what if the argument is that we have to pay two rookie central defenders because the Falmer/Lewes financial drain stops us signing a a competent, experienced centre-back who wouldn't make "schoolboy" errors in Dean Wilkins' words? Then, to an extent, it is true that Lewes costs us individual games like Chesterfield.

Is that really that much of a stretch, Ian? Some may think it is but if something stops you bringing in experience and a bit of quality, then I think it's true.

You also need to explore this business of "smokescreens" too. It's a loaded word, perhaps implying some kind of ruse/deception or sleight of hand. Do you really mean that?

It's unfortunate that people impute agendas to you but you could avoid that by being very clear and upfront by what you mean - and lay out clearly what you think is being hidden by this "smokescreen" :)

Oh, and keep up the good work - I may criticise now and then but still appreciate your hard work :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here